[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vaporwave books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1491188429174.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491188429174.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
what would a vaporwave book look like? Just such a book exists?
>>
>>9507762
if i opened a vaporwave bar, would you guys come and discuss literature inside over a pint
>>
house of leaves
>>
>>9507783
Yeah
>>
>>9507762
- Glossy hardcover art book format
- Large portions are in Google Translated Japanese and Greek
- No original content; just mixed up excerpts from manga, popular Japanese fiction and relevant works like American Psycho, 70s-90s advertising copy, instruction manuals, classical literature and art etc
- There's a flipbook part where you can 'experience' falling into the void
>>
>>9507787
this
>>
A thousand plateaus
>>
>>9507783
Probably not a pint, but a margarita or daiquiri.

>>9507762
I had an answer but it's complicated in nature and I'm too tired to type it all out. I hope to write a novel within the vaporwave aesthetic.
>>
Why did Vaporwave fall off so much after Trump was elected? Are we really living in post-contemporary times?
>>
>>9507762
>>
Infinite Cuck desu.
>>
>>9508393
Vaporwave literary movement when
>>
>>9507762
PC-98 user manual
>>
>>9507787
That's the book about the guy who came on some black girls tits while she shoved her finger up his ass.

>>Nice!
>>
>>9507762
I'm planning on writing one anonymously later, perhaps after I've published my second book. It'll be centered around Alexander's campaign route through Anatolia, but the structure of the plot and world will slowly fall apart at the seams as it continues on, with an imagine last few chapters of the Marble men marching into a grossly exaggerated 1980s merging of Miami and Silicon Valley.

It will be called: "Hardship"
>>
>>9507762
Infinite Jest
>>
>>9508541

I actually considered buying this. Is it any good?
>>
>>9509265
Kek, this actually sounds neat
>>
Baudrillard
>>
>>9509732
Other than the baudrillard poster, it's overwhelmingly apparent nobody in here reads.

Ready player one, Baudrillard, Ballard, some of Neuromancer, PKD, some of Pinecone, Delany, Murakami are all vaporwave or related. Incidentally, all of them suck.
>>
>>9509749
none of those are even remotely tied to the aesthetic of 'vaporwave'
>>
>>9509767
I'm not sure about Delaney but otherwise he's not wrong. Dreamy mish-mashes of things, copies of copies, an '80s that never was.
>>
>>9509775
>Dreamy mish-mashes of things, copies of copies, an '80s that never was
>vaporwave

G R A V E L Y M I S T A K E N
>>
>>9509784
TRY HARDER
>>
>>9508541
Wew lad. Serious cash-in there.

>>9508861
Hey, like I said, I'm working on it.

>>9509265
I'd read the shit out of that.

>>9509775
>'80s that never was
Vaporwave reminds me exactly of what the 80s was. I feel like the people that tell me the 80s wasn't really like that weren't alive then.
>>
>>9509767
>vaporwave is only pale pastel neon colors and synth music
>the aesthetics of vaporwave can't abstractly be translated to a text narrative

again, you do not read.
>>
>>9509809
I'm not implying that, I'm implying the 'text narratives' you talk of aren't related to the texts you provided. Apparently you've read 20 decent books, and you sure love to let us know.
>>
>>9509813
did i strike a nerve with the genre trash reading yokel? /lit/'s not for you bucko
>>
All Tomorrow's Parties - Gibson
Spook Country - Gibson
Zero History - Gibson
Bleeding Edge - Pynchon
>>
>>9509265
As long as you don't fall down the Ready Player One rabbit hole of relying too much on 1980s pop culture references, this could be pretty cool.
>>
Snow Crash - Stephenson
Hebdomeros - de Chirico
Hypersphere - Anonymous
>>
>>9507783

>pint

Nah, but a tia maria with lucozade sure.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.