[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody's happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170102_161318.png (7KB, 100x117px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170102_161318.png
7KB, 100x117px
I'm currently shocked by the realisation that nobody is ever happy. When you think about all the things that you've never had or never been able to experience you suffer. When they finally come true you rapidly find other reasons to feel miserable about. What first was your dream becomes your standard and you're left exactly as you were before.

What are some books that I can read if I want to dwell on this thought like a pig rolling in poop?
>>
But these things I desire make me happy. Whenever I dream of a new thing to do, I feel happy through and through, even when I know it won't be anything special when I actually achieve it.
>>
>>9505325

Take an advice from dear Marsilio Ficino: non felix, laboriosa.
>>
but that's exactly why real happiness comes from within.
>>
>>9505334
>non felix, laboriosa

What the fuck is that? Two google results, and one of them is your own message.
>>
>>9505325
yeah you described the life of hedonists.
it turns out that if you utterly want this misery to cease, then you need to see that you cannot even stop it by caring about it and the only way is this
Bhikkhus, for a virtuous person, one whose behavior is virtuous, no volition need be exerted: ‘Let non-regret arise in me.’ It is natural that non-regret arises in a virtuous person, one whose behavior is virtuous.

“For one without regret no volition need be exerted: ‘Let joy arise in me.’ It is natural that joy arises in one without regret.

“For one who is joyful no volition need be exerted: ‘Let rapture arise in me.’ It is natural that rapture arises in one who is joyful.

“For one with a rapturous mind no volition need be exerted: ‘Let my body be tranquil.’ It is natural that the body of one with a rapturous mind is tranquil.

“For one tranquil in body no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me feel pleasure.’ It is natural that one tranquil in body feels pleasure.

“For one feeling pleasure no volition need be exerted: ‘Let my mind be concentrated.’ It is natural that the mind of one feeling pleasure is concentrated.

“For one who is concentrated no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me know and see things as they really are.’ It is natural that one who is concentrated knows and sees things as they really are.

“For one who knows and sees things as they really are no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me be disenchanted and dispassionate.’ It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate.

“For one who is disenchanted and dispassionate no volition need be exerted: ‘Let me realize the knowledge and vision of liberation.’ It is natural that one who is disenchanted and dispassionate realizes the knowledge and vision of liberation.
>>
>>9505325
You'll never reach the sac-cid ananda vigraha state if you think in materialistic terms; for the very happiness you pursue is materialistic. Realize this life is a preparation for the next.

And read "The Bhagavad-gītā as it is", by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda
>>
>>9505325
I'm pretty happy tbphwy
>>
File: 1438280442340.jpg (17KB, 240x194px) Image search: [Google]
1438280442340.jpg
17KB, 240x194px
>>9505329
>>9505570
liars
>>
File: fishy.jpg (10KB, 262x215px) Image search: [Google]
fishy.jpg
10KB, 262x215px
>>9505325
consider the other option. can you imagine alterations to your present state causing you to be more miserable? obviously you can, so happiness is not a static value or unaffected by your actions.

rather you have been sold a false idea of a lasting and fulfilled "happiness" state. if you do not take this belief for granted it appears quite absurd. every ice cream you've had in your life has been finite, but every other person will tell you they have an infinite one they'll get back to once you leave. they won't even make an argument toward the existence or plausibility of such a thing, but rather just have a hurry to convince you they have one. of course it's all stupidity.
>>
>>9505325
This is pretty much Buddhism, arrived at by yourself. Good job. Now you must free yourself of desires and attachments to earthly things.
>>
>>9505325
>When you think about all the things that you've never had or never been able to experience you suffer
I wish it was only that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.