[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paperbacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1443631239084.png (746KB, 786x717px) Image search: [Google]
1443631239084.png
746KB, 786x717px
Does everyone else here absolutely fucking hate paperbacks? I cant be the only one that just thinks these books are shit right?

pic unrelated
>>
>>9503429
Ur a faggot
>>
File: oiytcwdxavcmx.png (955KB, 855x854px) Image search: [Google]
oiytcwdxavcmx.png
955KB, 855x854px
>>9503432
t. poorfag that cant afford the utmost premium leather bound books
>>
>>9503429

I usually spin objects. So when I read I like to put the book down and have it stay open so I can spin the object when I'm reading. It's hard to do this with paperbacks as they usually close if you're not holding it open
>>
>>9503443
>I usually spin objects.
is it autism?
>>
Same here. Luckily I live in a civilized country where hardcovers are the norm
>>
>>9503443
>I us usually spin objects
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9503429
>tfw cant get a hard cover of the ego and his own
hardcovers are spooks anyways
>>
File: mnm.jpg (106KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mnm.jpg
106KB, 1024x768px
This is a bait thread. Keep this in mind if you decide to waste your time replying like me.

Paperbacks are cheap and accessible.
Hardcovers are usually well made and can stand multiple read throughs.
The aesthetic pleasure of some Hardcovers is only acceptable for books that you have already read and plan to reread and share with friends and family in the future. If it becomes a collector hobby you take that shit back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>9503452
>>9503457

I don't think it's autism. I usually like to take a particularly shaped object, like a stick, a toy airplane, or a k-nex toy and spin it. It helps calm me a bit and aides in my imagination. That's all really. At work I usually spin my pen in my hands most of the day
>>
Who gives a shit really?
Sell me the book with a blanc dust jacket, leather cover or paper back or w/e else is out there I don't care.
Doesn't change the words in the book to me unlike you pretentious, cupidity driven faggots.
>>
>>9503468
Nigga thats autism and you know it
>>
>>9503464
>Paperbacks are cheap and accessible.
you mean cheap and low quality and the spine brakes after like a year, hard cover books on the other hand can outlive you
>>
>>9503468
I do the same thing but I'm pretty suspicious that I have minor autism at the least. I also pace a lot.
>>
>>9503487
dust jackets are shit, they are only really for libraries to take care of their books that other are going to use, but i know how well i will take care of my shit
>>
>>9503429

trade paperbacks > hardcovers > mass-market paperbacks
>>
>>9503556
the fuck is a trade paperback?
>>
I prefer hardcovers. The paperbacks always get bent and it annoys me. As a heterosexual, I prefer that my worldly possessions be straight to reflect my life choices.
>>
>>9503468
Autism: confirmed
>>
>>9503429
i feel the exact opposite. paperbacks are easy to travel with and cheap. you can give away life changing stories for a few dollars.
>>
>being this autistic about a thing so minor
>>
File: 13417241225.jpg (324KB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
13417241225.jpg
324KB, 2250x1500px
I like the aesthetics of paperbacks more. The designers could afford to take more risks because they were creating an inexpensive, semi-disposable product. The design of hardcovers is often very staid and plain.

>>9503519

Any book will fall apart if you read it enough times. I have paperbacks from the 1960s that still look okay, I have hardcovers from like 2009 that are cocked and torn. The only way to preserve a book is by not reading it.
>>
>>9503429
No

Yes
>>
>>9504390
>choices
>>
Clothbound is the true patrician choice
>>
>>9503468
You need one of the fidget spinners or how you call them
>>
>>9503487
Just typical /lit/ pretentiousness and adolescent insecurity from OP... we're not far away from /fa/ around here sometimes.
>>
>>9504327

Trade paperbacks are larger than mass-market paperbacks, with wider page margins and better-quality paper. They're much nicer to read than mass-markets
>>
>>9503468
Autist expert here. Can confirm it's an autist patron.
>>
>>9505242

What's a patron? And why is it so? I'm curious if you have any insight into why I always spin objects.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.