[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I found my problem with literature: I have so many books I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: dumb-dog.jpg (19KB, 330x400px) Image search: [Google]
dumb-dog.jpg
19KB, 330x400px
So I found my problem with literature: I have so many books I want to read, that when I finally sit down to read a book, I can't get into it to properly enjoy it because I'm more focused on finishing it than experiencing it.

How the fuck do I experience a book?

I am an autist so I of course read fanfictions before I sleep, and I'll frequently sit up for hours at a time past my regular sleeping schedule reading entire 250,000 word stories effortlessly and tirelessly.

Why is it different for books? Why can't I get into books like I can with fanfiction?
>>
File: 1487589928471.png (766KB, 761x763px) Image search: [Google]
1487589928471.png
766KB, 761x763px
Do you enjoy reading books? Or do you just want to be a person who enjoys reading books?

In twenty or thirty years you'll have read thousands of books so why stress about finishing them? It's not a race.
>>
>>9502875
I have this problem too. The trick is to not think of any other books while you're reading a book.
>>
File: 1494344092983.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494344092983.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>9502875
>How the fuck do I experience a book?
Every male under 25 should an hero
>>
>>9502889
I enjoy reading books when I can actually get into them.

Like, I read Dune, and it took me about 15 pages to get invested, but holy shit I literally did nothing for two days but read the shit out of it. I did the exact same thing with Starship Troopers, Rendezvous with Rama, and Columbine by Dave Cullen.

I both enjoy reading books, and I really want to be the type who enjoys them as well. Books can offer an awesome experience so I want to experience them all so I rush and stress over it I guess.
>>
>>9502875
Had this feeling in a lot of other areas in my life, saw this Akira Kurosawa interview and it made my neurons go a joggin. I put the time stamp in for you op but the whole interview is worth watching.
https://youtu.be/r-McmgQbee0?t=269

>reading dune
Maybe you don't like reading needlessly long books? Just watch the movie or thugs notes.
>>
>>9502939
Right now I'm reading Fahrenheit 451 and I'm on page 5 and already have put it down. It's only 150 pages for fuck's sake. I kept thinking about other books and just couldn't get into it.
>>
>>9502963
lel. why do you even want to read if you don't like it

try amphetamines.
>>
File: 40745._UY500_SS500_.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
40745._UY500_SS500_.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>9502875
You're welcome anon
>>
Just read whatever you want, OP. Don't stress yourself over that. If you don't get into a book because you want to read another one, then read the one you actually want to read. Perhaps you are just not in the mood for certain kind of texts, so you shouldn't force yourself.
>>
>>9502875
>fanfiction
>>9502906
>Dune
>Starship Troopers
You've got bigger problems than not fully experiencing books...
>>
Read something you enjoy
>>
File: Angela May.jpg (37KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
Angela May.jpg
37KB, 720x450px
>>9502906
>Rendezvous with Rama
My nigga that shit is TRASH.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.