[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-Modernity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: post-modern architecture.jpg (213KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
post-modern architecture.jpg
213KB, 1000x665px
Do we live in post-modern times?
>>
>>9500661
yes, obviously.
>>
>>9501040
How?
>>
>>9501230
I fuck your mom
>>
>>9501230
Neoliberalism and equal opportunities have destroyed any kind of certainty we had before (jobs, marriage, family etc.) so we live in a constant state of fluidity where we can never predict what will happen in the future, not even an immediate one. This makes people anxious as hell.
>>
>>9501286
I know what the weather is going to be tomorrow. Astronomers know the fucking paths of asteroids in relationship to earth. In respects to jobs, marriage, and family, those are just constructs that were rigidly designed to maintain civil order where needed. Its much too large to police strictly anymore. Now we are required to exact merit in all 3 of those constructs in order to prove worth. Its not uncertain. In a simple sense, do well in education and be kind and understanding and all 3 of those things will all have predictably good outcomes.
>>
>>9501417
>he is STILL deriving oughts from is
how much spooked could you be?

>>9500661
no
we are metamodernism now
>>
ever read or watch SF from decades or more ago and see weird anachronisms like they're still reading newspapers in the future or there's one big computer instead of a network, housephones, zeppelins, then you wonder what there is in current SF that there won't be in the future, the one really glaring error, the thing the future won't have because it's just so impractical, that no-one's really predicting?
I figured it out. It's people. Us. We're too impractical to continue outside museums. The great filter is on the horizon; asteroids, Martian climates or hard AI or MAD war over dwindling resources. 100 years left, the countdown is set. This species, maybe the whole planet, is fucked.

I reckon the accelerationists have it right; if we speed up enough, transfer our consciousness, make ourselves small and hard and fast then maybe, maybe some version, some remnant of us will punch through. Hard wired beneath the planet's surface. But it isn't looking likely. Post-apocalypse, post-human, post-consciousness. We're leaving behind a dead planet, boys. The dust storms are going to tear our works to pieces.
>>
>>9500661
Is this a joke?
>>
>>9501453
What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>9501723
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/science/ct-stephen-hawking-escape-earth-20170505-story.html
>>
>>9501417
>Now we are required to exact merit in all 3 of those constructs in order to prove worth. Its not uncertain. In a simple sense, do well in education and be kind and understanding and all 3 of those things will all have predictably good outcomes.
That's not true and you know it. Either you are trolling, are in denial, or live in a spooky little bubble handed to you by religion and modernist media.

>>9501453
>DUDE APOCALYPSE LMAO
Stephen Hawking is senile, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I won't deny that climate change is a real issue—it might even be the worst issue in the whole century—but he's inflating things far more than he should.
>>
>>9501732
What does this have to do with the thread, you fucking sperg
>>
>>9501812
It's not just climate change, it's an average based on a number of different threats to human life and there is no evidence he's senile.

>>9501823
I guess it's beyond your comprehension.
>>
>>9500661
t
>>
File: IMG_1470.png (210KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1470.png
210KB, 512x512px
>>9500661

Who put Yu-Gi-Oh hair on muh Gehry?
>>
>>9501417
>In respects to jobs, marriage, and family, those are just constructs that were rigidly designed to maintain civil order where needed
Social Nihilists get out reeeeeee
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.