[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We make our own words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 53f.jpg (7KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
7KB, 196x250px
>be writing
>randomly write "the desire of dabbling and dalling"
>wonder what the fuck "dalling/dawling" even means
>tfw I create a word
I'll call it, "dalling", a fool's enjoyment.
>>
>>9500104
Though everyone will think you mean "dolling" which is acting like a lil bitch's toy
>>
>>9500104
Gronklet.

Combination of gronk and Brainlet.
>>
File: krisskros_431.jpg (57KB, 431x444px) Image search: [Google]
krisskros_431.jpg
57KB, 431x444px
Same. Google said that painting the footing on a wall was called "cutting"
FALSE.
>>
>>9500104
>dalling
http://sorabji.com/1828/words/d/dalling.html
>>
File: fuck off.png (17KB, 206x233px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
17KB, 206x233px
>>9500135
>>
>>9500104
So you didn't mean "dallying"?
>>
>>9500206
Not necessarily. I felt like I needed a word that expressed joy and comfort in what you're doing while wasting time. This was the first word that came to mind and it doesn't exist.
>>
Phlimpfing.
>>
>>9500215
so you did mean dallying.
>>
Strommeltjes

A succession of small but very annoying events that culminate in a ruined day.
>>
>>9500206
>>9500410
This. Op doesn't know how to spell and is self indulgent about it. Better luck next time, op.
>>
>>9500104
Lol you idiot, that's dallying, or dilly-dallying. You didn't invent a word you misspelt one.
>>
>>9500104
>>9500206
>>9500215
>>9500410
>>9500429

The best part about this is that OP is just dallying right now, i.e. wasting his time like a moron but having fun with it. So really good for him.
>>
File: 22.jpg (827KB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
827KB, 4030x4096px
>>9500104
Here's my word:

>KekrotlLOOOOOLwhatsuppppp, noun: (1) the most sublime sentiment, experienced only by the most noble souls; (2) deep compassion that stems from the contemplation of Nature's order.
>>
I never understood why "exply" is not a word.

If you can imply things, you should also be able to exply them.

It's not the same as explaining. Exply is the opposite of imly; it means you're explicit in claiming something with your words, which doesn't mean you necessarily explain it.

If I say "I bet you're a fucking virgin", then I'm implying that being a virgin is something bad. If I say "virgins are pathetic," then I'm explying it.
>>
>>9500104
>groscock

means macho, meathead
>>
>>9501298
GOOD post.

I developed something similar.

Outperly and inperly, adverbs.

>Outperly
From outside perception.
Like, if someone were to look at me, he'd think certain things about the way I look, how I dress and what I say.

>Inperly
The opposite - from inside perception - it's how it's from my point of view or the object's in question.
>>
File: fn.jpg (37KB, 362x369px) Image search: [Google]
fn.jpg
37KB, 362x369px
stop inflating the vocabulary
>>
>>9500417
Are you actually using that word, anon?
Just asking
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.