[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What...what is this keck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 30962053.jpg (9KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
30962053.jpg
9KB, 263x400px
What...what is this keck?
>>
>>9499297
The Idiot is an 2017 novel by Turkish American writer Elif Batuman. It is a bildungsroman, and concerns a college freshman, Selin, attending Harvard University.

Thanks Wikipedia!
>>
>>9499301
God that sounds awful
>>
File: 4fpcCuO.jpg (236KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4fpcCuO.jpg
236KB, 900x1200px
>>9499297
Just another piece of hot garbage written by a woman that publishers dump obscene amounts of marketing money and effort into because they know 20-something women will buy anything with a neat cover by a female (preferably foreign-sounding-named) author with a fancy MFA. See: A Little Life, Milk and Honey, The Girls, The Nest, Marlena, Sweetbitter, Homegoing, The Vegetarian, etc.
>>
>>9499297
I just finished it. Its awful. I don't know why women writers think their lives are interesting enough to make fiction. If you are a writer, you have formative experiences that drive you start making fiction. She chose to simply write about these, instead of using that as the substance of her drive to make stories. There is no reason to make this a novel. It's a memoir.
>>
File: help.jpg (435KB, 1100x776px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
435KB, 1100x776px
>>9499409
I agree with you on most of those except for Homegoing which I thought was decent. Little Life was technically good, but the story was very forced. That's about it. I've read long excerpts of The Girls and The Vegetarian and I dont know what people see in them. Milk and Honey is the dullest, emptiest thing on there. The Nest sounds like some Clue done by Netflix. And Sweetbitter sounds like LonelyMomCore (although some of you sick fucks might like that).
>>
>>9499297

I read The Possessed by her and found it pointless, self-indulgent, and insufferable
>>
>>9499297
ehhhrr
>>
>>9499652
I read it. I just don't understand why it exists.
>>
>>9499652
It sounds interesting to me. I know there are a dime a dozen College narratives, but theres something to that gimmick that I like.
>>
>>9499652
sounds incredibly boring
>>
>>9499297
Maybe the title is reflexive.
>>
>>9499692
I feel you. I am a sucker for a bildungsroman that takes place in an intellectual setting, even if it is drivel. Namedrop some famous artists and include a few sex scenes and I am sold.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.