[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize writing is the biggest old boys club in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

When you realize that popular writers are literally just a giant circle-jerk of cock stroking and pandering.
>>
>>9499059
Actually it's a Jew club. Saying it's an old boys club implies that WASP males are allowed nepotism and the freedom to assert their group interests over others. The publishing world is controlled by Jews (often Jewish women) and their favored grievance classes
>>
>>9499059
pretty much all popular media (popular being the key word and the reason why i feel a mix of disdain and pity for your bitter perspective) has included pandering in one way or another.
Circle-jerking is just a meeting of the minds.
We get it, you suck and still want people to like you for it.
Not how it works.
>>
>publishing overwhelming dominated by women
>contemporary fiction overwhelmingly dominated by women
>majority of readers are women

What you mean is your experience of literature is a boy's club because you don't go near the enormous girl's club literature scene because it's trash. You try and spin it as we're a bunch of sexists but you're a sexist right along with us because to even formulate this opinion you must possess male taste and a preference for male literature.
>>
This is true of all artistic endeavors. There is no objective measurement of quality, so cliques and circle-jerks predominate.

Such cases.
>>
>>9499086
I'm not a writer, but nice projecting.

It's not hard to see how pretentious and lacking of content the top circle-jerking group of books are that everyone seems to love.

It seems like passed around books these days are pandering and re-affirming, not conflicting and thought provoking art.
>>
>>9499130
I think the problem is that we've kinda reached a cultural tipping point where counter-culture is meaningless as so much rebellion has been basically integrated into the mainstream.
I'm assuming you mean radically dumb or antiquated ideas that you identify with in that case. Not all conflict is worth having.
>>
>industry dominated by women
>old boy's club
You too.
>>
>>9499059
I don't know what you've been reading, but I tend to read whatever can keep me from putting the book down, even though I know I've just been standing there in the store/library for 5+ minutes.

Usually those types of authors actually enjoy writing and don't do it JUST for the paycheck.
>>
ITT nobody understands the meaning of the term old boy and pretends that their opinions are still valid.
>>
>>9499588
Everyone knows what it means. What industry isn't particularly incestuous? Why do you think people push networking so hard?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.