[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /lit/, gun to your head, what is your favourite book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: GertrudeStein[1].jpg (541KB, 816x999px) Image search: [Google]
GertrudeStein[1].jpg
541KB, 816x999px
Alright /lit/, gun to your head, what is your favourite book?
>>
Growth of the Soil desu
>>
>>9498877
Cuckolding: Questions & Answers: Revealing the most primal and intimate of lifestyles
>>
Jeremy Commonforth - The Urine Tapes
>>
The Trial
Brothers Karamazov

Illiad is runner-up
>>
Kaputt
>>
Remains of the Day
>>
The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
>>
Kosmos - Gobrowicz
>>
Blood Meridian
>>
I only got into /lit/ recently and only read a bit of YA shit before that.

So, Crime and Punishment.

Pls no bully
>>
>>9498981
Why would anyone bully you for liking Dostoyevsky?
>>
>>9498880
I was very into this book, it was a pretty unique read for me. Unfortunately I stopped after part I. Is the second part worth reading beyond it being just more of the first?
>>
I don't know how you faggots will react to this as I am new to /lit/ but I really enjoyed "Breakfast of Champions"
>>
File: 1494521941693.jpg (155KB, 800x824px) Image search: [Google]
1494521941693.jpg
155KB, 800x824px
Baudolino - Eco.
>>
>>9499053
How is it? Do you like other Vonnegut? I've only read Slaughterhouse-Five and Cat's Cradle and disliked both. Regardless, I'm willing to keep trying to like him, cause I really like his interviews.
>>
>>9498992
Well, usually when anything is famous there tends to be at least one shithead that goes around calling anyone who likes it a pleb. At least, that's what i've noticed on most other boards. Maybe /lit/ is different.
>>
>>9499060
That is true, but not when it's a part of the canon.
no one would shit on anyone on /tv/ for liking Stalker (maybe a bad example), or anyone on /a/ for liking EVA.
>>
>>9499056
I have only read "Cat's Cradle" and "Breakfast of Champions" from Vonnegut but I thought they were both pretty smart and funny. I would recommend it if you like Vonnegut's satirical commentary.
>>
>>9499060
>Well, usually when anything is famous there tends to be at least one shithead that goes around calling anyone who likes it a pleb. At least, that's what i've noticed on most other boards. Maybe /lit/ is different.
Sound liek a major faggot really. Lurk more before posting again kid.
>>
>>
complete poems of frank o'hara
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 323x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 323x365px
>>9498877

What We Talk About When We Talk about Love or Rabbit, Run because I'm from the suburbs
>>
My Ántonia
>>
Mémoires d'Hadrien
>>
Anna Karenina
>>
Blade of Tyshalle
>>
>>9498890
why brothers karamazov? just curious because I have it and want to know what I am getting myself into
>>
>>9498877
the big dick problems subreddit
>>
>>9498981
psood
>>
My diary desu
>>
A Canticle for Leibowitz
>>
>>9499056
"Breakfast of Champions" strikes me as a book that, by all rights, I should hate. But I don't, I actually think it's good.

I liked Cat's Cradle and didn't like Slaughterhouse-Five, so take my recommendation with that in mind.
>>
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
>>
>>9498877
Don't know, favorite song is 1812 overture though
>>
>>9499083
>Rabbit, Run because I'm from the suburbs

Nice. I'm reading Rabbit, Redux. Black guy has moved in and he's talking Vietnam with Harry and the hippie chick right now.
>>
>>9498877

Karamazov
or Ficciones
>>
File: V_cover_sm.jpg (17KB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
V_cover_sm.jpg
17KB, 350x251px
this desu, but
>gun to my head
I could still just lie
>>
Grimscribe
>>
File: assapprentice.jpg (27KB, 248x400px) Image search: [Google]
assapprentice.jpg
27KB, 248x400px
>>9498877
For very personal reasons.
Not saying it's the best book I've ever read or anything.
>>
>>9498877
Don Quixote
>>
Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets
>>
>>9498877
Lolita
>>9499439
that's not a 'song' you philistine.
>>
The Sirens of Titan
>>
How To Grow Food For Your Family
>>
File: 1487176638763.jpg (32KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1487176638763.jpg
32KB, 400x302px
>>9499545
>not the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds
fuckin plebs i swear
>>
>>9499439
War and Peace is the book version
>>
KJV Bible
>>
Ulysses
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.