[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some Lovecraftian/Weird works in a modern (can also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: The-Secret-World-PC.jpg (84KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
The-Secret-World-PC.jpg
84KB, 1280x719px
What are some Lovecraftian/Weird works in a modern (can also go as far back as Victorian) setting?
>>
M.R. James
>>
>>9495650
The complete works of H. P. Lovecraft.
>>
>>9495662
>kek
>>
I fucking love H.P. Lovecraft.
>>
>>9495662
spbp
>>
>>9495662
this
also, is ligotti actually good?
>>
'the fisherman' by langan

laird barron's short stories ('the beautiful thing that awaits us all' is his best collection, imo)
>>
File: algernon_blackwood_250.jpg (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
algernon_blackwood_250.jpg
58KB, 250x250px
>>9495650
Dude, Lovecraft's game is overplayed by now. If you want some more just go to Algernon Blackwood. The Willows and The Wendigo have the amazing feeling of a natural world vast and dangerous developed by a man who loved to take hikes and go on adventures. There are some really well done moments where the woods become an infinite world, in which the protagonist is small and weak.

The house on the borderland by William Hodgson mixes and action-adventure tale with once again, the sense of the infinite to the human eye but ultimately doomed to die.

Ligotti's work is a really mixed bag. His Lovecraft fan fiction is bad but his dream and madness tales are really amazing. Check The night school, The red tower and The bungalow house.

From The King Yellow read The Repairer of Reputations. The dwarf character is really interesting and the atmosphere has a really weird vibe.
>>
>>9496175
my nigga
>>
>>9495650
The Twenty Days of Turin
>>
>>9496167
yes
>>
>>9496167
no
>>
Just read the Necronomicon.
>>
>>9496175
came to post laird barron. good taste anon.
>>
>>9496217
I agree, Blackwood and Machen did it originally, and I actually prefer their occultic world to Lovecraft's cold one. Both are just as weird and mysterious, but I find the strange ecstasy triggered by Machen's stories are much more effective than Lovecraft's, and I love Lovecraft.
>>
>>9496565
*is much more effective
>>
>>9495650
Arthur Machen
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.