[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voltaire or Rousseau

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cafe.jpg (19KB, 452x285px) Image search: [Google]
cafe.jpg
19KB, 452x285px
Whom do you find more overrated?
>>
>>9494679
Voltaire
>>
Voltaire
>>
>>9494679
Rousseau. Wrong about everything. Voltaire gave us:
>
>
>
>>
>>9494760
?
>>
Voltaire was a literal brainlet.
>>
>>9495911
>implying
>>
No one overrates Rousseau, he's usually taught in conjunction with Hobbes and Locke but he never is given any preference or bias, and really most people aren't as radical as him. His non-political writings are definitely underrated if anything, and he's a pretty competent musician too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld7XDELDnto
>>
File: 1492192237008_1.jpg (44KB, 568x638px) Image search: [Google]
1492192237008_1.jpg
44KB, 568x638px
Francis was a extrovert and outright funny. Wrote horribly 90% other ten is pure gold, once again subtle humor, like a pansy faggot aristophanes. And ugly as sin. But he died loving god and his trees and sowed the seeeds of french revolution.

Saying that i always found jackys an introvert writing boring and depressed, milking katie the great of russia (instead of based frederick) and generally writing what could be compared to modern day r9k tier tfw posting.
Again voltaire had a great sense of humor, when staying with frederick and astounded with the absurdity of deutsche speak, especially comin from fluid frogtalk, he wished the german language had "more sense and less consanants" lol.
>>
>>9495911
>not knowing about the
>
>
>
How new are you exactly?
>>
>>9494679
Rousseau
>cuck to Catherine

Voltaire writing style is awesome.
>Based bro friendship with Frédéric
>>
>>9494679
I don't think "overrated" is a useful term nor does it well describe either of these writers. They are both talented but advocated for bankrupt and bad ideas. Especially Rousseau.

I don't like either of them but Rousseau will always hold a special place of disdain in my heart for having the audacity to write a book about the proper raising of children while abandoning all five of his own children. A despicable thing to do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.