[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlightenment/Nonduality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
What does /lit/ think of this dialogue I just had with someone on an 'enlightened' subreddit?

>I don't have free will

Deciding what we experience to be "free will" or "no free will" is like trying to decide if the paint color on the wall is egg-shell white or white. The name doesn't define what it is, the color itself defines what it is. Life with "no free will" looks like this, life with "free will" looks like this, so why does it matter?

>All of the things that cause me pain in my life are my fault because I'm not looking at it the right way

Same could be said for "illusion" or "real" They are just labels ascribed to experiences that don't inherently say what they are. But we do know for a fact we are experiencing the experiences themselves. So why get caught up in the labels? We mistake our labels for the things themselves!

>All of the things that cause me pain in my life are my fault because I'm not looking at it the right way

Fault relies on causation, and a singular cause to the way situations seem to arise can't be found in actual experience. Just try it out, why are you reading this here? Find the sole cause.

>My very view of reality is an illusion, and I'm being tricked

There are no tricks, just innocently formed habits and assumptions. Even then, nothing is hidden. Experience of being habitually pigeon-holed into boring narratives shine just as brightly as hanging out with naked beauty.

> don't even exist

"Exists" or "doesn't exist" is another example of labels given to experience that never actually says what it is. Reality is unfathomable, depthless.
Basically, forget about trying to figure anything out because Reality doesn't make sense. The only sense to be made is in the feeling of hereness, nowness, immediacy of experience itself.
>>
>nonduality

where do i read more on this?
>>
>>9494458
https://www.reddit.com/r/awakened/
>>
>>9494462
im not going to use reddit as an information source..... isn't there a book or soemthing
>>
>>9494452
Eggshell white and pure white are very different. It doesn't matter what name they have. They create entirely different aesthetic experiences. There is a huge difference and if you cant tell them apart then that's a personal problem but it doesn't amount to a philosophical "what's the difference"

This is what happens when junior high kids take world religions and then school gets out and suddenly they are Level 97 Cosmic Lotus levitation masters.
>>
>>9494458
bump
>>
>>9494458
>The Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston
i also hear good things about Osho and Eckhart Tolle

you can also check out Shinzen Young or Actualized.org on youtube.
>>
>>9494458

douglas hofstadter "godel escher bach"
>>
File: e73.jpg (43KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
e73.jpg
43KB, 450x450px
>>9494452
>>9494462

>posting on plebbit
please stay there
>>
>>9494452

talk is cheaper than ever
>>
>>9494452
> I don't have free will

"to dwell within samsara [cycles of life, death, rebirth] however is to be subject to the works of those who are mighty among dreamers"

> All of the things that cause me pain in my life are my fault because I'm not looking at it the right way

there is the suffering of being unsatisfactory, incomplete which is resolved after moksha. it doesn't matter how you look at it or who you blame once you are free, you only feel stillness. even physical pain becomes part of mind.

> My very view of reality is an illusion, and I'm being tricked

maya is the illusion that you are not one, not whole.

Reality is an environment.
>>
>>9494458
rubaiyyat
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.