[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/izen looking for your help with audiobooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1494378970886.jpg (174KB, 1366x767px) Image search: [Google]
1494378970886.jpg
174KB, 1366x767px
I'm looking to self improve mentally.
Cpuld you guide me to good beginners audiobooks on psychology and philosophy? Figured I might as well improve mind while I train. Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.
>>
>>9493664
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3vycr98Tc
>>
>>9493679
Thank you anon.
I would appreciate any more youtube videos and download links.
>>
>>9493664
Oh boy, that's gonna be hard. Just try to stick to the easiest things like common greek literature (non-philosophy, mostly plays) that you will need later anyway
I tried to listen to audios at cardio too, but i had to re-read/re-listen them at home almost every time when the piece contained any serious thought and was more than just a narrative
>>
>>9493752
I do liss mostly.
>>
get some of the Great Courses/Teaching Company series, they're very good.
>>
>>9493756
B. Russell's History of The Western Philosophy is the most common starter book then. It will give you a basic structure to amplify with details. Try it, wright down everyone you got interested in, read them and after some time try Hegel's History.
Don't even think of going to XX until you read up the Greeks and major Western corpus
>>
>>9493799
sorry for being greedy but any suggestions for the absolute basics as well?
>>
File: IMG_2631.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2631.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
>>9493856
>>
>>9493856
Russell is the absolute basics, he is really easy. Let him introduce you to Greeks, then read Plato and whatever is left from their major schools, then go for easy Romans (as a fitizen, you might like Marcus Aurelius) and slowly go chronologically up.
It's an iterative process with lots of interconnected layers so i can't really point out any sensible start apart from chronological. Just go for the historical overviews first and then stack up your detailed knowledge
>>
>>9493969
I truly appreciate your guidance anon.
Thank you.
>>
File: 1487372764464.png (100KB, 1930x522px) Image search: [Google]
1487372764464.png
100KB, 1930x522px
Have this fellow /fit/zen.

I don't have much here since I lost a lot of stuff but I'll try to dump as much as I can.

Also, the Stoics really inspired me to get fit and improve myself so I usually recommend them to other /fit/zens.
>>
File: 1414816645628.jpg (2MB, 3296x2840px) Image search: [Google]
1414816645628.jpg
2MB, 3296x2840px
>>
This is the last one I've got.

Shittiest dump ever, but I hope I was helpful at least.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.