[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandma thinks Jesus spoke Latin. How do I convince her he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: Mark_Zuckerberg_in_Prague_2013.jpg (32KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
Mark_Zuckerberg_in_Prague_2013.jpg
32KB, 220x331px
My grandma thinks Jesus spoke Latin. How do I convince her he spoke Hebrew. She's 89 and I want her to know she is wrong before she dies
>>
>>9491299
Why do you want to upset her?
>>
google it fag
>>
>>9491299
But she would still be wrong if you convinced her
>>
>>9491299
Write it into her Vulgate Bible in Red Ink, then tell her the Pope told you to put it there.
>>
Given he was God I think he could have pulled it off rather effortlessly.
>>
>>9491299
>convince her he spoke Hebrew
epic
>>
Put your granny on I have some things I want to say to her.
>>
>>9491312
What about the fact that Christ was also fully human? Does Him growing up before His baptism (divinity) make Him only able to speak Hebrew? (Or did He speak koine? -- I really don't know.)
>>
>>9491318
Like?
>>
>>9491321
You grandson is a shit person.
>>
>>9491299
More like how do you convince her you aren't retarded desu.
>>
According to wikipedia he spoke Aramaic.
>>
>>9491299
What's her ethnicity?
>>
>>9491334
Born in Italy
>>
>>9491334
The grandmother of a /lit/ shitposter? She's white, most probably.
>>
>>9491299
Jesus can speak all languages.
>>
>>9491299
How is it that so many of you people don't know that Jesus spoke Aramaic? Is /lit/ really this stupid? You couldn't even respond to the bait correctly.
>>
>>9491639
>>9491332

God you are a dumb nigger
>>
>>9491639
Generally people (on here at least) argue within the parameters of a given argument as though it is true. It's a mistake to do so honestly and it's sad to see so many people get bamboozled by cheeky dishonest Canadians like OP.
>>
>>9491651
What makes you say that?
>>
You dumb cunts. Christ (totally not Krsna) spoke koiné. Everyone spoke koiné in those days
>>
>>9491299
Only picture I've ever seen of cuckerberg where he isn't smiling like John Wayne Gacy about to sodomize and murder a little boy
>>
He most likely spoke Aramaic

Maybe he knew Hebrew or Greek
>>
>>9491663
How do you know he's canadian
>>
>>9491713
Canadians are dishonest bamboozlers.
>>
>>9491299
He spoke Aramaic most likely.

Maybe tell her about the historical background, Latin wasn't even the language of the elite in the eastern Roman Empire, it was Greek. But being from the rural area of Galilee, Jesus would have spoken Aramaic, a semitic language related to Hebrew. Maybe point out that Aram was the name of the region north east of Galilee and is named several times in the Bible, that's where the name comes from. Jesus may have had passing knowledge of Hebrew or Greek from scripture readings in synagogues, but that's speculation. So he definitely wouldn't have spoken Latin.
>>
>>9491299
You swine. Jesus was a gentleman and spoke perfect English. Now let that be the end of it.
>>
>>9491299
Didn't he speak Aramic? Or Greek?
>>
>>9491299
Why would a blue eyed blonde white male speak Hebrew? He spoke American.
>>
>>9491673
not him, but aramaic it's an old version of hebrew
>>
But Jesus was from Utah
>>
>>9492304

so then speaking italian is the same as latin?
>>
>>9491299
He spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew
>>
>>9491299
Will you kneel & pray for her?
>>
>>9491299
He spoke Aramaic not Hebrew retard.
>>
>>9492304
>aramaic is an old version of hebrew
no it isn't, it's a semitic language, but that doesn't mean it's "an old version of hebrew," it's just one branch of the semitic language family along with arabic, akkadian, hebrew, and many others.
>>
>>9493910
btfo
>>
>>9492304
That's not even remotely true

You could have googled this in three seconds
>>
>>9491299
1) Jesus probably spoke Latin and Greek.
2) His native language was Aramaic.
>>
>>9491639
He actually spoke Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek, but stay mad.
>>
>>9491299
>She's 89 and I want her to know she is wrong before she dies
can't stop laffin'
>>
>>9491299
>I want her to know she is wrong before she dies
kek
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.