[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Dolokhov's fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: warandpeace.jpg (38KB, 331x499px) Image search: [Google]
warandpeace.jpg
38KB, 331x499px
What was Dolokhov's fucking problem?
>>
>>9491138
Asshole pseud of remarkable effectiveness that two women of my acquaitence actually liked. Go figure.
>>
>>9491138
>>9493059
I'm thinking of reading this book. Is it any good?
>>
>>9493094
It reads so quickly and clearly that youll be sorry when it ends. If (you) like tight novels, however, read Anna.
>>
For a Tolstoy character it's cuck or be cucked. Did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>9491138
life and the human condition
>>
>>9491138

I think he is a peso who suffers with what we call it today Antisocial personality disorder. Hewasa sociopath. See:

>Amagnectic charisma
>Ifluences other men
>Seen as desirableby women
>Uses others for their name and fame (most of the time he uses Antole Kuragin)
>Kills people in war without guilt
>Shows no fear in war
>"No prisioners"
>Feel almost happy when young and inocent soldiers die
>>
>>9493193
What is a tight novel?
>>
>>9493527
epic...................
>>
>>9491138
Tolstoy was a bit of a tease when he alluded to Dolokhov's activities in Persia/Middle East.
>>
>>9491138
Most of Dolokhov's behavior makes sense once you realise he's so much poorer than most of the other characters, with no family money backing him up.

He knows the aristos will only tolerate his company as long as he entertains them, by being tougher and wilder than them. He needs to act out to keep his status in the group. He's like that guy at school who could make the bully laugh.
He knows he's never going to be accepted into proper society, won't get invited to Anna Pavlovna's, but he can get rich aristocrat men to hang out with him.
So he does those stunts like drinking the rum on the window to impress them. Fighting duels, cheating at cards, seducing wives, all to keep up his reputation and keep him that male circle.
This gives him a steady stream of rubes to fleece at cards, husbands to cuck, and access to the government work that was the main income for non aristocrats.

Superb character desu, any other author Dolokhov would be a one-note side kick, Tolstoy fleshes him out as much as any of the leads. You assume he's made a fortune at cards and has a plumb government role after the war, thanks to this stuff: >>9493913
>>
>>9493996
Dolokhov is a noble though, just poor. Otherwise I agree, great character.
>>
Just a fucking megalad having a bit of banter.
>>
Who else here was in a state of extreme tension through the entire dolokhov Nikolai card game?

Poor Nikolai is a fool
>>
>>9493816
Part answers part, discernible structure, hashed out themes, shape. Cormac made one- The Crossing. Compare it to Suttree or Blood Meridian.
I'm not saying 'tight' is better. Personally, I prefer W&P to Anna, and think Suttree Cormac's masterpiece. But both are 'all over the place'.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.