[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Arthurian Legend Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Round Table.jpg (123KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
Round Table.jpg
123KB, 500x510px
What books would you recommend to someone that's interested in the adventures of King Arthur and the Knights of Round Table? What are the best/worst interpretations of the characters?

Who were the best/worst knights?
>>
File: 8rUeTrvxMcU.jpg (894KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8rUeTrvxMcU.jpg
894KB, 2560x1920px
>>9489651
>>
T.H. White, The Once and Future King

and Sword in the Stone
>>
>>9489651
The Once and Future King
La Morte d'Arthur
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
>>
>>9489651
LANCELOT A SCRUB
PERCIVAL A BEST
>>
The Perceval/Parzifal/Parzival legend is cool as fuck, read Wolfram
>>
Was Galahad really a Mary Sue?
>>
>>9490717
>>9491440
Grizzled Old Galeotto trope is GOAT.
>>
King Pellinore is the man
>>
The Acts of King Arthur by Steinbeck! I loved that book
>>
If you can read German, the play Merlin oder das Wüste Land by Tankred Dorst is a pomo retelling of the Merlin legend. The run time in full would take around eight or so hours to perform.
>>
von Eschenbach's Parvizal
Le Morte de Arthur
de Troye's romances (Erec and Enide, Yvain, Lancelot, Percival)
Thomas of Britain's and von Strassburg's Tristan
>>
>>9489657
>tfw you're friends with lots of people who look and act like this
>tfw you've known them since high school
>tfw they all turned into THAT while you lost weight, started regularly exercising, and got heavily into literature and writing

It's kind of awkward these days.
>>
>>9490814
Yeah Parzival's great
>>
>>9489651
Check out Parzival! I like Tennyson's Idylls of the King also
>>
>>9492084
I love how Wolfram is always reminding us how expensive all the clothes are.
>>
>>9489651
The Awnytrs off Arthure is my personal favourite. The two halves feel a little disconnected (and they probably were originally two legends stuck together) but its really interesting the way the different themes play off each other.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.