[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2017-05-07-00h59m41s231.png (515KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-07-00h59m41s231.png
515KB, 720x551px
Are there any good guides to writing, beyond just the mechanics?
inb4 all of them
>>
Read every book you can get your hands on, even if they're bad, and whether or not they are form an opinion on them that has been informed by your acquaintance with the book in question.
>>
File: causeandeffect.jpg (54KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
causeandeffect.jpg
54KB, 640x637px
>>9486938
>your acquaintance with the book in question
Could you please clarify this point?
>>
>>9486966
Don't talk shit about something you haven't read, and don't suck Rand's dick if you've never bothered to pick up Atlas Shrugged
>>
I've been reading the crying of lot 43, and the writing seems like what I could do in my sleep. Every other paragraph toss in high school science vocab. Go overboard with metaphors. Date rape.
>>
>>9487002
>seems like what I could do in my sleep
See you in the next critique thread
>>
>>9486926
what are we talking about?
fiction presumably.
we're going to need details, OP.
>>
>>9486938
Why would you contaminate your brain with bad books?
>>
I love Initial D.
>>
>>9486926
Read the Bible. Specifically the Old Testament.
I know it sounds like meme-advice but the bible, content aside, taken purely stylistically is the greatest example of mastery of the english language.
>>
>>9489232
Not that guy, but bad books, bad films, bad music, etc is a good self-teaching tactic. It's basically a way to scream at yourself: Don't do what those chucklefucks did.
>>
>>9489481
>written in hebrew and koine greek
>mastery of the english language
I'm going to assume you're talking about the KJV
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.