[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to refrain from political discourse on the basis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Is it wrong to refrain from political discourse on the basis that one can never have a complete understanding of geopolitics even if they were to study the subject to the point of erudition?

(Obviously this is more of a /pol/ issue than a /lit/ one, but it's not not the type of question you'd ask there so mods please spare me if you choose to delete this thread.)
>>
Well Goedel claims it is impossible to know all mathematical law, but that's no reason to ignore it

You aren't going to accumulate a complete understanding of anything but you can know enough to make a difference (if you're crafty enough).
>>
This is why feels > reals in case you didn't know.
>>
>>9486876
>one can never have a complete understanding of geopolitics
Resources and geography aren't very complex unless you are a brainlette
>>
Awww sweetie, looks like someone is confusing geopolitics and politics again. Back to the kids table with you
>>>/pol/
>>
>>9487073
You got me
*kills self*
>>
File: 1488930189202.jpg (40KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1488930189202.jpg
40KB, 550x550px
>>9486876
Sure, there's nothing wrong with refraining from pointless discourse with others. But that's not to say that you should be ignorant of such matters, friend.
>>
>>9486876
One can never have a complete understanding of any subject. One can also never fully convey their thoughts through the limited avenue of language. One can also never fully interpret language (verbal, written, body, etc) in such a way as to fully grasp the thoughts of the conveyor.

Knowledge is limited to the first person perspective.
>>
>>9486876
if its a real interest, one should try pursuing a career within foreign affairs, military & intelligence services - I think this is the only way you would become 'satisfied' or legitimately informed in real-time of classified information

however history is great in providing a better perspective on current events and I think the more widely read you are, the more authority you have in layman discourse
>>
>>9487025
The problem is with politics is that we not only have to know how to achieve things but we must also know what our very desires themselves should be.
Yeah you can know enough to "make a difference" but some differences are better not made at all.
>>
File: fig6bigforblog.png (152KB, 419x365px) Image search: [Google]
fig6bigforblog.png
152KB, 419x365px
testt
>>
This idea has been bothering me recently. I'm starting to think that we should discard knowledge of the material world (both natural sciences and humanities, except for philosophy and possibly math) altogether because even if we deny solipsism, genius malignus and similar stuff there are simply too many misinformations out there that bring us to false conclusions, making the whole endeavour futile. It's like trying to see a whole fractal picture.
>>
>>9488280
Not an argument.
>>
>>9488240
What's the point of making this post if you believe no one is even capable of understanding what you're really trying to convey in it?

The answer to that question is why you're full of shit overstating the difficulties.
>>
Each of us is so ashamed of his own helplessness and ignorance that he considers it appropriate to communicate only what he thinks others will understand. There are, however, times when somehow we slowly divest ourselves of that shame and begin to speak openly about all the things we do not understand. If I am not wise, then why must I pretend to be? If I am lost, why must I pretend to have ready counsel for my contemporaries? But perhaps the value of communication depends on the acknowledgment of one's own limits, which, mysteriously, are also limits common to many others; and aren't these the same limits of a hundred or a thousand years ago? And when the air is filled with the clamor of analysis and conclusion, would it be entirely useless to admit you do not understand?
>>
>>9487290
this basically. i'm relatively well informed about politics (more than the average munter anyway) but don't get involved in many arguments about it because i don't think i know enough to really make a valid argument. not that it stops most people. all i ever try to do is correct people when they're arguing something that's objectively untrue.
>>
>>9486876
just refrain because politics is transitory and gay and has nothing to do with your life. its like arguing against which jackked black guy can shoot the ball better and caring.
>>
>>9488424
>commies won't admit how their system is flawed from the start so it looks to me like politics can never properly be argued so we should do away with medicine because who can tell whether the man lived or died on the operating table
You sum this thread up well.

All that follows from "I can never be sure" is "Don't act like you can be sure" and act more like this guy >>9488516 while using classic tools like extrapolation, data analysis etc. to make an educated guess.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.