[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existentialism is stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (37KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 480x259px
>Be me
>Interested in existential philosophy
>Hear that Soren Kierkegaard is "the Father of Existentialism"
>Seems like a good place to start
>Pick up his book Either/Or
>A few pages in, it's clear that it's just a bunch of whiny depressed B***S*** about how nothing matters and you should just kill yourself
>Throw book down in disgust
>Look at the titles of his other books
>Whiny titles about how life sucks, like "Fear and Trembling" or "The Sickness Unto Death"

I'm convinced now, philosophy is just a bunch of whiners who think the world is a place without hope. Kierkegaard probably just needed Jesus in his life desu
>>
>>9486647
This b8 is so immense it is master b8
>>
>>9486647
I've seen good shitposting before, but I'll admit this deserves a prize.
>>
>>9486683
by saying nothing instead of everything
>>
>>9486647
You even took the effort to make it seem like a phone poster, quality b8 8/8
>>
>>9486647
>I'm convinced now, philosophy is just a bunch of whiners who think the world is a place without hope

>implying that he was not finding his place in the world by writing these books

Kierkegaard had a passion, and only one: writing. By his own admission during the creative process all the anxiety and fatalism of his life disappeared, leaving him completely serene.

He technically followed his advice and atrived for his only hope, literature, and to do so he described to us his inner life.
>>
Existentialism is pop-philosophy trash, but please learn how to bait properly.
>>
POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP

! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P

OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HDXDXDXDXDXDDXDXDXDXDXDDXDXDXXXXXDDDDDDD

UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :^)^)^)^)^))^)^:^)^:^))^)^)^^:^::^:^:^:^:^:^)^)^))^)^)^):^)^)^::)^)^)))^):^:^:^:)^)^)^)^)^)^:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE

WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA

POOP!
>>
>>9486647
haha oh man. that's one to put in my meme folder
>>
>>9487047
Is this the vulgar aesthete?
>>
>>9487047
joyce wasn't an existentialist
>>
>>9487035
>taking such obvious b8 seriously
>>
>>9487047
bump for feces
Error: You must wait 1 second before posting a reply.
>>
Bad.
>>
>>9487069
Thanks for the delicious kek.
>>
Why is every thread tonight revolting against the conjecture of existence? Some astrological bullshit
>>
>>9486647
If by any chance you're being serious, go read Camus. He tackles existentialism (or rather absurdism in his words) in a much more optimistic manner than his peers, notably Jean Paul Sartre. Most existentialists had their woes, but Camus was not like them and found the pleasures in life and it shows in his philosophy.
>>
This was my experience reading The Stranger.

DUDE YOLO NOTHING REALLY MATTERS.
>>
He writes in the form of two different personas, which you should have noticed
The "whiny" guy is just one of them
>>
>>9487003
what characteristics are unique to phone posters?
>>
File: 1494383655425.png (339KB, 800x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1494383655425.png
339KB, 800x1160px
Sage
>>
>>9487949

Then you didn't understand anything about the book. How the hell did you even get to that conclusion, that baffles me.

Camus isn't for you
>>
>>9486647
That's "Soren Kierkegaard", not Soren.
>>
>>9488650
Soren(soren is a nice way of saying satan). Doesnt look like the "o" works on the chins.
>>
>>9488159
image.jpg
>>
File: 1472433343914.png (749KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1472433343914.png
749KB, 640x624px
>>9488684
>>
>>9487069
kek
>>
starts with the greek.
>>
File: carl bright eyes.png (77KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
carl bright eyes.png
77KB, 400x350px
>>9486647
>Kierkegaard probably just needed Jesus in his life

this b8 is as stinky as brie famalam
>>
File: youcantmakethisshitup.jpg (21KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
youcantmakethisshitup.jpg
21KB, 226x223px
>>9486647
almost had me till i read the last line
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.