[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magazine thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8606.png (210KB, 559x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8606.png
210KB, 559x750px
What mags do you read /lit/?
>>
>>9486354
Your pic, Chtenia, and Alaska Quarterly Review
>>
>>9486354
The New Yorker for the fiction
>>
TLS
>>
File: IMG_1181.jpg (369KB, 600x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1181.jpg
369KB, 600x758px
>>9486354
This+++
>>
n plus one
>>
>>9486354

These always seem too bougie to ever take seriously.

Is the content actually worth it?
>>
Comic LO
>>
Standpoint magazine is the GOAT

The Spectator is sometimes alright, but it has an amateurish, smarmy undergraduate feel to it.
>>
>>9486598
New Yorker fiction hasn't been good in your average 4chan poster's lifetime
>>
harpers
>>
Monocle
>>
Good mags for poetry?
>>
Lapham's web content is good
New Criterion and Archaeology are great magazines that I enjoy.
>>
n+1, the chronicle, paris review of books, current affairs
>>
i have paris review, nyrb, daedalus and lapham's subsccriptions. used to get n+1. almost ordered new criterion, but i really dont read them and dont care about news or anything new. PR interviews are still god tier though, and laphams is great for a toilet read
>>
>>9489178
New Criterion is great because there is a front page essay, a letter from the editor, and then there are reviews. Usually 15 of them. On books, non-fiction and fiction that I will actually read, and are not ghost-written works on the suffering of a latina-lesbian working for the un in syria that helped immigrants and was raped by trump. Not that im averse to Malalaesque stories, but NYRB obsesses on them every single edition
>>
Is it pronounced "Lap ham" or "La senpai"?
>>
>>9489767
lap-uhm

looks up lewish lapham talking, he has a dope voice
>>
Any fellow lrb readers? I love the personals.
>>
>>9489767
>senpai
Yeah, like that.
>>
Cabinet
>>
Collapse
Starfire
Abrasax
Fenris Wolf
Clavis
>>
File: 622.jpg (159KB, 1075x480px) Image search: [Google]
622.jpg
159KB, 1075x480px
>>9487012
Nice lifestyle you've got there.
>>
>>9487331
The New Criterion
>>
>>9486354

Anyone who doesnt read The Economist and The Atlantic is an uncultured rodent
>>
>>9487204

Found the Douglas Murray fag.

Rod Liddle = GOAT
>>
>>9490635
What I don't like about The Economist is that sometimes they tout some uneducated opinions as if it is common sense or common knowledge and then shit on letters to the editor in the next issue in a snarky way. Other than that it's all right, but I my grocery store stopped carrying it.
>>
What do people think of the New Statesman? I've been reading some of John Gray's past columns which I really enjoy. Not sure about the others.

>>9490639
Rod Liddle is garbage. His anti-leftist whingeing isn't even funny by this point, it's the same shit every week.
>>
>>9490635
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJSnd8VzQw
>>
does anyone know if magazines lose money on those 12 issues for £12 deals? i want to keep signing up for them but if it's putting them at a loss i'll feel bad and just go digital instead or whatever
>>
File: IMG_8405.jpg (112KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8405.jpg
112KB, 1000x1430px
>>9490635
>tfw the economist is too pleb and you're forced to pay for the financial times
>>
>>9490781
free online FT access with my uni. gonna be tragic when i'm done with my degree in a month's time - no way i'll be able to afford a subscription
>>
I got Lapham's because it had some interesting content and seemed /lit/

Not a fan of the setup, too fucking artsy, definitely designed by shit eating non-STEM majors with no understanding of or even disdain for order and logic.
Probably won't be resubscribing.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.