[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can't stop writing genre fic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1462854360298.png (180KB, 425x314px) Image search: [Google]
1462854360298.png
180KB, 425x314px
No matter what I write, even a sentence, if it's fiction it turns into genre trash. watch.

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan, vampire prince, hovered up from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of human eyeballs on which ornate cutlery lay crossed.

See that shit? It keeps happening, even when I just try to copy passages from memory. It's like I'm cursed. Someone tell me I'm not alone.
>>
>>9485240

Embrace it, pack it and sell it in order to afford enough alcohol to forget you have ever written it.
>>
>>9485240
Write about a writer who can't stop writing genre shit.
>>
>>9485240
I'm not sure why the line in the sand you've drawn for yourself is genre fiction

Fiction is a waste of time beyond entertainment anyway, if you're going to write fiction just write what you enjoy or can turn into a quick buck
>>
>>9485240
I'm bad at Super Smash Bros. Melee but when I play with my friends, I still get a lot of pleasure from the Pyrrhic victory of Kirby back-throw suicides.
>>
>>9485247
Here's another example.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a waifu.

I didn't mean to type that! But I did! And now it's garbage!
>>
I can't write a friggin normal passage!

Look at this, I sat down to type out a new novel:

All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is banished to Mithras. Everything was in confusion in the Oblonsky’s castle. The wife had discovered that the husband was carrying on
an intrigue with an elf girl, who had been an enchantress in their family, and she had announced to her husband that she could not go on ornipeduring in the same castle with him.

How do I fix this?
>>
File: itisagift.jpg (38KB, 551x325px) Image search: [Google]
itisagift.jpg
38KB, 551x325px
>>9485240
>>
>>9485327
this
>>
i have the opposite problem, i want to write about civil wars on mars, but all i end up doing is short stories about what it means to be alive and cuts right to the core of what it is to be human
>>
>>9485240
write good genre shit man. ill read it
>>
>>9485632
Gay
>>
>>9485240
I keked
>>
>>9485256
>Playing Kirby in Melee

why even
>>
Read Borges if you haven't already.
>>
>>9486600
Kirby is pretty good in Melee - but then most characters are unless you're an autistic wannabe tourneyfag, since the game is designed around reaction time and fast decision making instead of the slow hyper defensive crap of Brawl and 4
>>
>>9487794
lmfao @ kirby being good

just because people couldn't beat down b when you were a kid doesn't mean shit
>>
>>9485240

There's nothing wrong with writing genre fiction, but there's also no excuse for being so fucking terrible at it.
>>
>>9485632

You should check out project rho if you want to go for a more hardsci angle.

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/appcapedread.php

This page^ pretty much lays out a perfect backstory for how and why Mars is colonised that you can tweak to your liking if you want to get straight into the fun bits.

>>9485240

This >>9485637 if you write good scifi or fantasy, I don't see anything wrong with it. I'll always welcome a good story about space travel as long as its not hollywood-tier science. As long as you're not just trying to be Star Wars or Game of Thrones, I don't see what's wrong. I could be biased, but I'd say a story set on a generation ship wandering the depths of interstellar space or about humans finding alien artifacts/ life (and done WELL) could give you a lot of room to have all of your pondering existence or whatever.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.