[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Une saison en Enfer? I thought it as mesmerizing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: _sp-pesnik-artur-rembo.jpg (24KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
_sp-pesnik-artur-rembo.jpg
24KB, 400x250px
Thoughts on Une saison en Enfer?
I thought it as mesmerizing. The development from the Rimbaud bound with sonnets and French/Latin hexameters, the classically suited Rimbaud, slowly gets replaced with the disgusting, terrifying blank verse, FREE verse, prose poem Rimbaud -- denouncing the Symbolist split after Baudelaire, the even, uneven; the sublime, musical; etc. the Verlaine-Mallarmé split, making his own Movement of the Dissolution of all senses, and of his BOUND poetry.

Thoughts?
>>
To add, it's like reading a diary desu; I am not even memeing, RIMBAUD was /ourguy/. And he still should be .. . .. . .
>>
>>9485201
oh my god dude shut the fuck up
>>
>>9485216
very rude post
delete this right now
>>
>Oh, look, it's another prodigy child!

Kinda sad, senpai. His poems are nothing more than imitations, just look at Le Bateau Ivre.
>>
>>9485290
What was it an imitation of?
>>
I don't blame Verlaine. That's one boipussy worth dying for.
>>
>>9485471
actually, verlaine was on the receiving end ;-)
>>
>>9485388
Figuier's 'Ocean World'
Michelet's 'The Sea'
Verne's 'Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea'
Hugo's 'Toilers of the Deep'
Poe's 'Garden Pym' and 'The Descent into the Maelstrom'
Baudelaire's 'Journey'

to name a few
>>
>>9485672
To be fair, anyone who starts out with poetry imitates the person he is learning from. However, The drunken boat still is an achievement; he is also most well known for it-- take the time to consider that he wrote it at 16.
Even if it is reused symbolism, and ideas, it's still amazing to have it have such a fresh style.

It still shouldn't be called his greatest achievement -- Les Illuminations should be.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.