[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Christian question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So I'm doing the lit project https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

And I'm reading Bryan magee's story about philosophy and I'm on the part of stoics

It says they were the ones that thought of god as being pervasive throughout the universe instead of singularly located above in prototypical god fashion

My question is is this true and what else has philosophy done for Christianity in major ideas?
>>
>>9484941
Lmao that is a gigantic fucking question. Read wiki pages on at least the neo platonists, stoics, and scholastics.
>>
>>9484994
Yeah I didn't mean everything leading up to Christianity. I mean major ideas that influenced major themes of Christianity.

There really isn't a general page on this. If there's a good general work that'd be nice but I'm afraid people are quick to reference specific thinkers or movements.

It's a scholarly question
>>
>T*rks, Arabs
>can maintain an inhabited society without fear of breakdown
Hah, yah funny
>>
>>9484941
> what has philosophy done for Christianity in major ideas?
Next to nothing. Even your example is shit, since God is BOTH in christianity (singularly above and through everything).All that happened was the first christian philosophers relied entirely on Plato and later Aquinas took up Aristotle.
>>
>>9485076
They did so for thousands of years.
>>
>>9485076
Perhaps it's better said they can't live in cosmopolitan society but they're fine outside that. Just the definition of cosmopolitan is pretty wide to them...
>>
>>9485096
Well I'd argue your point if the distinction was made in ot and not nt

That there is a difference between ot and nt implies Greek philosophy was a heavy contributor to the change in direction of judeochristian from a regular monotheistic but essentially syntactically normal pagan god to a more philosophically sound nt
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.