[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't philosophers speak in plain language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 200x253px
Why don't philosophers speak in plain language?
>>
>>9483002
Don't you mean write?
>>
nietzshe spoke in plain language, not all philosophers are fags who muddy they waters to make them appear deep
>>
>>9483002
a shit ton of philosophy is already in plain english if you think about philosophy in a general sense. you're seriously asking why a systemic philosopher is going to use a bunch of jargon? its the only way to compact your topic to keep the work from being too long and wordy.

also to minimize implications
>>
Becuase philosophers stive to be concise as possible.

They also like to be well read.
So they will often take words coined by previous authors and add an additional spin to them.
>>
>>9483002
A lot of them do.
Hegel was just autistic.
>>
Because they have nothing to say
>>
>>9483002
It's pretty obvious, because they talk about stuff that no one had previously thought about, let alone articulate in language form.
>>
>>9483412

>he unironically believes this
>he isn't aware the the Greeks got it all down literally ages ago, and that they are the alpha and omega
>he doesn't realize that the entire post-Greek philosophical thought is literally based on rediscovery and vague interpretation of fundamentally Greek ideas
>>
>>9483391
Absolutely and unconditionally this
>>
>>9483002
because you went to public school and learned to speak like a retard
>>
>>9483466
learnt*
>>
>>9483417
>he unironically believes this
>doesn't actually read any post-Greek philosophy because it doesn't subscribe to his narrow-minded worldview
>laughingsluts.gif
>>
>https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/works/se/abstract.htm
>Think? Abstractly? — Sauve qui peut! Let those who can save themselves! Even now I can hear a traitor, bought by the enemy, exclaim these words, denouncing this essay because it will plainly deal with metaphysics. For metaphysics is a word, no less than abstract, and almost thinking as well, from which everybody more or less runs away as from a man who has caught the plague.
>But the intention here really is not so wicked, as if the meaning of thinking and of abstract were to be explained here. There is nothing the beautiful world finds as intolerable as explanations. I, too, find it terrible when somebody begins to explain, for when worst comes to worst I understand everything myself. Here the explanation of thinking and abstract would in any case be entirely superfluous; for it is only because the beautiful world knows what it means to be abstract that it runs away. Just as one does not desire what one does not know, one also cannot hate it. Nor is it my intent to try craftily to reconcile the beautiful world with thinking or with the abstract as if, under the semblance of small talk, thinking and the abstract were to be put over till in the end they had found their way into society incognito, without having aroused any disgust; even as if they were to be adopted imperceptibly by society, or, as the Swabians say, hereingezäunselt, before the author of this complication suddenly exposed this strange guest, namely the abstract, whom the whole party had long treated and recognized under a different title as if he were a good old acquaintance. Such scenes of recognition which are meant to instruct the world against its will have the inexcusable fault that they simultaneously humiliate, and the wirepuller tries with his artifice to gain a little fame; but this humiliation and this vanity destroy the effect, for they push away again an instruction gained at such a price.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.