[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death of a Salesman fucked me up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
I've been struggling lately with the possibility that my legacy will be one of mediocrity, s naturally I decided to read this. What are your thoughts?
>>
was mandatory to read in a college course I took while in high school.

pretty eye-opening and sad.
>>
>>9482881
It's such a harrowing tale made especially sad because it's all too real.
>>
>>9482881
>was mandatory to read in a college course I took while in high school.
lol
>>
>>9482863
>caring about what people will think of you after you're dead

wew
>>
>>9483065
It's been eating at me for months now, and I don't know what to do to escape this fear
>>
>>9483100

you'll get over it
>>
>>9482863
I worry that I won't even have the opportunity to have children. I want a daughter more than anything.
>>
>>9483054
>I didn't care about my education in high school so I'll laugh at another's

Sorry anon. I'm sure state school is treating you well
>>
>>9483853
I think he was laughing at the fact that you deliberately chose to include this detail, assuming that it would portray you as intelligent. That's what it's looking like.
>>
>>9483853
lol
>>
>>9482863

>I've been struggling lately with the possibility that my legacy will be one of mediocrity

If you're not a fuck-up degenerate and you do your best to live a disciplined life of learning, charity, working, and child-rearing, then you're already doing better than 99% of people. That's right, over 95% of people die while being either broke, friendless, without family, or depressed. Often a combination of all of the above. The American dream has been dead for a while now, but I digress.

If you can't conquer the world in your life, do your best to start a dynasty that will stand the test of time, and all it takes is just taking care of yourself in a way equal to that of a loving mother and a stern father. Raise kids that won't make the mistakes that you do, while letting them have the freedom to make their own choices. That will make you, by definition, not mediocre. Because too many people strive to achieve some perverted sense of success and end up falling short on the basics.

But at that point, I hope your mediocrity complex has evaporated away, because if you project your own failures onto your kids, then they will in turn become fuckups and hate you. Remember, basic stuff, don't fuck it up.
>>
You should read To the Lighthouse desu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.