[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: georges_perec.jpg (42KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
georges_perec.jpg
42KB, 640x489px
What was his fucking problem?
>>
What is that Sam Harris I've been hearing about
>>
H was a fucking tryhard
>>
he knew half the fame was because of the hair
>>
He wrote an entire book without using the letter 'e'. How can Americans even compete?
>>
i got Life A Users Manuel a while ago and I'm scared to give it a shot
>>
File: Perec.jpg (24KB, 477x650px) Image search: [Google]
Perec.jpg
24KB, 477x650px
>>9478308
"Oulipo" not even once
>>
is that ReportOfTheWeek after too much fast food?
>>
>>9479136
yeah, but what did he mean by this?
>>9479687
after too much literature and math
>>
>>9479158
is it even readable?
>>
>>9479712
>yeah, but what did he mean by this?
Some critics believe that the missing e thing was a way to avoid the words "pére" and "mére", which mean father and mother in french. One of the central points of his work is the abandon of his parents when he was a kid and the trauma derived by it. In pretty much all his work there is always something missing, a missing piece of the puzzle
>>
>>9479161
JUST
>>
>>9478308
>What was his fucking problem?
>jew
>>
literal definition of absolute madman
>>
>>9479730
What little I have flipped through had pretty normal prose and was actually really fuckin cool, but I have a nasty feeling its gonna get indecipherable
>>
>>9479136
There's actually an american lipogramic book before La Disparition, it's called Gadsby, Perec references it in A Void and apparently it fucking sucks.

>>9479158
>>9479730
Despite the size and scope of the book, it's one of the easiest (in the good sense) novels I've ever read, his prose is so comfy and the chapters so short you end up reading large swathes of it without even noticing. Some people might have a little trouble following the different narratives but there's all sorts of maps and indexes in the book to help you through.
>>
File: jc.jpg (8KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
8KB, 194x260px
Why are writers who play with the structures of their novels so weird looking?
>>
Probably got sick of being mistaken for Elijah Wood. I'm half way through A man asleep right now, it's very good.
>>
>>9480930
But are you solving all the riddles and intellectual puzzles?
>>
>>9478308
Problem! Problem? The problem is you
>>
File: 1469828733299.png (722KB, 567x607px) Image search: [Google]
1469828733299.png
722KB, 567x607px
>>9481201
probably because they were sexually deprived, so they like playing with things in a metaphysical way and it serves as an outlet cause they never got to play with a vajayjay
>>
>>9482755
I hope you're baiting because that's a really dumb thing to think
>>
>>9482765
I couldn't get into it right now, but there is some Freudian evidence to back my claims up, even if they were presented in an offhand way.
>>
>>9482792
Some freudian evidence? Color me surprised. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to read that.
>>
>>9482755
That poor book spine
>>
>>9482974
People who are cautious with their book spines can never fully understand the contents of the book, dumbass.
>>
>>9482755
>probably because they were sexually deprived, so they like playing with things in a metaphysical way and it serves as an outlet cause they never got to play with a vajayjay
Thank you anon for explaining so eloquently why I do what I do.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.