[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books on paradox of tragedy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 3216862621_5e7d361ab3_z.jpg (116KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
3216862621_5e7d361ab3_z.jpg
116KB, 640x514px
Recommend me books that explore why human beings derive pleasure/catharsis from tragedies? Why do we find beauty in sorrow and suffering?
>>
File: malraux_mansfate.big.jpg (50KB, 326x477px) Image search: [Google]
malraux_mansfate.big.jpg
50KB, 326x477px
A great book.
>>
>>9475700
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharsis
>>
>>9475722
>Man's Fate
>commie chinks loading a cannon
Why?
>>
Aristotle's Poetics
>>
>>9475748
>on lit
>judges a book by it's cover

yeahhhhhhh kys.
>>
>>9475752
was just about to post this, its mandatory reading for a lot of acting programs at various universities and conservatories
>>
that's not a paradox you middle school fuckbitch
>>
>>9475763
It could be seen as a paradox. Humans eagerly try to avoid (personal) tragedies, while still loving the experience of seeing it happen and actively seeking to witness it.
>>
>>9475760
I wasn't. The cover is fine, I've always wanted to read a book about the People's Army artillery troops. It's the title that's out of place.
>>
I am also interested in this subject. Any good titles other than Poetics?
>>
>>9475768
>people laugh when other people get a pie in the face but they don't want a pie in the face... what a paradox LMAO *hits bong*
Put a trip on so i can filter you.
>>
>>9475768
Even if we try to avoid bad thing it's not possible to avoid everything. Everyone has their share of frustrations.Watching other people struggle with their personal tragedies helps us deal with our own unresolved emotions.

>>9475733
>Brecht reasoned that the absence of a cathartic resolution would require the audience to take political action in the real world, in order to fill the emotional gap they had experienced vicariously.
How do you guys feel about that?
>>
>>9475803
>people want to experience something without experiencing it themselves
>not a paradox
>>
>>9475814
>I can't find my shoes, but I need to find them what a kafkaesque paradox!!!!

it's funny because it happens to someone else dipshit.
>>
>>9475814
It is a paradox 100%, but I never really read any good explanation for it. Sadly, it appears none is recommending any book. Only Poetics.
>>
>>9475814
People don't like slapstick because they like it when other people get pie in their faces.
>>
>>9475823
you should legitimately kill yourself for the good of the gene pool no memes I am seriously asking you on behalf of humanity to end your own life. I will buy you the helium.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.