[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulliers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Karl_Marx_001.jpg (13KB, 220x316px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx_001.jpg
13KB, 220x316px
If Marx came on /lit/ before publishing and asked the board about his idea on commodity fetishism, would everyone just bully him and call him a teenager?

You can substitute any other philosopher you like.
>>
Go to bed, Reddit
>>
>>9470770
This, fuck off reddit

saged
>>
>>9470766
Report goes in all fields
>>
>>9470766
>would everyone just bully him and call him a teenager

Someone thinks they have groundbreaking ideas which they've shared on lit only to be called a teenager.
>>
>>9470770
>>9470772
>>9470774
This is not going well.

>>9470791
Haven't shared it yet, but I assume that would happen.
>>
>>9470799
>Haven't shared it yet, but I assume that would happen.

Please share. I'm genuinely interested. I will give you an honest and fair critique.
>>
>>9470805
I won't, I'm going to call him a faggot
>>
>>9470774

Reported for announcing a report, a bannable offence under Section 3 of the 4chan Criminal Code.
>>
>>9470822
He didn't say he reported him
You however...
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>9470805
Okay. I had this thought that the problem with nihilism (and all the responses to it) is that by saying that there is no meaning to life, it still acknowledges meaning as a valid concept.

And that this is a remnant from god. Only in theism can the notion of purpose and meaning be valid, since it creates a higher plane of existence, where these things even make sense. Basically, we say there is no god, but we still believe in the empty space where god would go.

Maybe this has been said before and I've just never heard it.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>9470861
So many people have had this thought before you, well before even Nietzsche regurgitated it
>>
>>9470861
>Babby's first Hegelian opposition
>>
>>9470861
Faggot.
>>
>>9470873
>>9470874
I don't understand. Is there some argument to refute this? Why is this not the answer in every nihilism thread?

It makes me happy anyway. If Hegel thought the same way, why does he look like such a miserable cunt in every picture?
>>
>>9470883
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>9470883
Refuting nihilism isn't something worthwhile, it has been done to death already.

"Purpose" and "meaning" can "only exist in theism" because you've implied that they in all circumstances refer to "a higher plane of existence." What about e.g. a claw hammer? Its intended (though not sole) purpose is to drive and extract nails.
>>
>>9470766
i'd like to think we'd advise him to let engels write it, since he was going to publish it anyways and wrote with greater clarity. we'd have def envied his set up though
>this rich guy offered to pay for my cigars and economic ramblings for life guyz
could provoke more outrage than the living life at 19 at your expense pasta
>tfw no engels publishing grant
>>
>>9470890
Oh boy here comes Sartre
>>
He already had a Phd when he came up with that concept. Why in the fuck would you ask this question.
>>
>>9470895
because he's retarded enough to think he could read marx if only he tried.
>>
>>9470890
Our "purpose" must refer to a higher plane of existence. Our claw hammer purpose is to reproduce and keep our genes alive.

>>9470898
haha
>>
File: benjy.jpg (132KB, 634x360px) Image search: [Google]
benjy.jpg
132KB, 634x360px
>>9470905
Apparently the "higher plane" is the human genome.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.