[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poetry Collection Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: incomplete book.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
incomplete book.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
If anyone here is an expert on published collections of Robert Frost's poetry, I have a question for you. I've recently purchased a copy of "The Poetry Of Robert Frost" hardcover edition, (This collection is published by Henry Holt, and Edited by Edward Connery Lathern.) And I realized that it's missing "Asking For Roses" from A Boy's Will. Now, this isn't my favorite poem from Frost, so it's not the biggest loss to me, but it does put into question whether this collection is actually missing any other good poems of his that I'm not yet aware of... The "Boys Will" from this hardcover collection contains 30 poems, but my Dover Thrift paperback copy of "A Boy's Will" totals 32 poems.

Does anyone know why this collection claims to be "complete works" but is missing poems?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.
>>
>>9469008
bump
>>
>>9469008
bumping again. I'll let this thread die if no one's responding for a while, but if anyone knows anything that would be a huuuuge help. I can't find shit on these books online.
>>
>>9469008
last lonely bump
>>
>>9469008
Where does it claim to be a Complete Works? The title only states that it's "The Poetry" of Robert Frost.

If you want a complete works, then look for one that says "The Complete Works/Poetry of Robert Frost". I think the Library of America edition is one of those.
>>
>>9470322
Oh, forget about the first part, I looked up the edition you mentioned and it indeed claims to be a Complete Poetry Unabridged.

I still think that the Library of America edition is the one you should get.
>>
Is that a selected or a collected? I'm pretty sure the collected contain all the poems. Selected do not.
>>
>>9470322
>>9470326
It does claim inside to be the "complete unabridged version" of all of his collected books. I'll have to look into the Library of America Version. Thanks
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.