[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread we post: What book got you into reading? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: sorcerers-stone[1].jpg (31KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerers-stone[1].jpg
31KB, 340x500px
In this thread we post:
What book got you into reading?
Would you recommend it to others?

Pic related; Harry Potter, No I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a teenager, then it's good.
>>
"1984" and "Brave New World" are some really nice books, I recommended them to all my classroom and everyone loved them
>>
>>9468984
I didn't really like 1984, can you tell what you liked about it? Seemed very cliche to me
>>
>>9469051
>Seemed very cliche to me
The dystopian cliché is only a thing because of Orwell. Dystopian novels existed before, of course, but he certainly popularized the idea.

1984 is shit and Orwell is a bad novelist, but your reason for disliking the book is retarded.
>>
>>9468940
"The Chrysalids" and "Flowers For Algernon" were the only books that have had a lasting impression on me from what I had to read in school. I'm dyslexic, so English class was stressful, but these books I didn't give up on even though I pretty much failed the writing assignments.
>>
>>9469087
Isn't flowers for algernon that one book that reads like a retarded persons thoughts? I had to stop after 20 pages because I felt like I was becoming retarded too, is it worth to finish it?
>>
My grandmother used to read fairy tales to me. H.C. Andersen and brothers Grimm stuff, since that was what she grew up with.

You know that feeling of childhood wonder and imagination? Where a book can feel so "real"? That's what I'm chasing.
>>
>>9469112
My dad did the same with Greek mythology. This book specifically shapes a lot of my imagination. Reading through Hamilton is pretty nostalgic desu.
>>
>>9469164
>tfw ur parents were poor and never read books to u as a kid so u grew up illiterate and dumb

i should just kill myself
>>
File: UFEvents.jpg (171KB, 720x648px) Image search: [Google]
UFEvents.jpg
171KB, 720x648px
>>9468940
Fortunately it was these.
>>
>>9469396
I loved this series, but damn, how did I not notice that it was essential the same plot for the first 6 or 7 books?
>>
>>9469051

I mean, only in the beginning. The retarded talk stops when he becomes intelligent. I think it's cool.
>>
>>9468940
>unless your a teenager
Nigger my dad read me that when i was 5 i had read it myself by six
>>
>>9469110
Not really. But really, yes and no. Depends what year this is. Shitty not to finish a book, but whatev's, right? ....soorry for levelling of irony momentarily lost myself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.