[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading literature is hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1487792718946.png (10KB, 321x339px) Image search: [Google]
1487792718946.png
10KB, 321x339px
Help me anons. I have a lot of quality books to read, a huge backlog of objectively good fiction and non-fiction. But I don't have the drive to read them. It's taken me weeks to get halfway through a short novel. I spend way too much time seeking other entertainment or reading 4chan. How do I fix this. I want to be patrician, but I think I might be ruined. Thanks.
>>
>>9468351

Do what Gerhardt Schtitt says.
>>
>>9468351
why don't you just take the redpill and realize that books are for fags? Infographics is where it's at
>>
>>9468351
Schedule your time for relaxing and keep to it as a schedule. Schedule time to read or learn something, after that.

Make sure relaxation time is never boring and learning/reading time is always something you want to do
>>
>>9468351

I have this very problem, it's almost always impossible for me to read without an audiobook as if I am listening to someone converse because of how severely chronic my ADHD/ADD hijacks my brain and defaults to a thousand other thoughts. Scheduling doesn't work, hand notes do not work, listening to music sparingly helps keep my attention on track as I read but it has to be faint, ambient, like the sound of rain splattering on a window pane. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, there is no way for you to force yourself to read something and if you do force yourself then you aren't going to be able to string along the book very well, especially if it's heavy in foreign words that are seldom used in day to day conversation.

Alternatively you can read drunk, which, in my experience, has also worked to quell ADHD impulses to default to more engaging activities where less though process is required.
>>
>>9468388
OP can you just go through some books and look to some book which you find was interesting to you enough, and then read it whole day and then look to another one like previous book and profit, you read a lot have fun etc, it's more easier then you wonder but you just want find something what u really like and understand in your library
>>
Jesus, nigger, what do you want from me? A magic 'better attention and focus' pill?
Either overcome yourself or fuck off
>>
File: 1490498925539.jpg (49KB, 430x595px) Image search: [Google]
1490498925539.jpg
49KB, 430x595px
Turn off your computer and phone and force yourself to read until it hurts. Repeat every day until you can read for hours at a stretch.

I'm a literal ADHD nigger and I went from not being able to stay focused for 20 minutes when reading to being able to read for 12 hours straight.
>>
>>9468471
If you say it about my post here, well i can give you probably the best idea in this board ever been before. This one help me, every time, cause i have the same problem
> "I don't have the drive to read them"
Try to read book in foreign language, read all day without procrastination and jerking off, read it through pain. Through boredom. Read it again, probably reread it, try it one more. You should do it whenever you like it or not, and try to do it all week, you must be exhausted because of this shit. THIS IS A REALLY MAGIC
When you come back to your own english books you can read it with joy and pleasure, i guarantee this. If you not, just make another shitty thread here and say how i'm been stupid. It's never happened.
>>
>>9468526
This guy understand something!
>>
>>9468351
I cancelled my internet. That helped.
I'm a filthy phoneposter now, but I'm much more productive.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.