[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks the sun's path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1832.jpg (29KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1832.jpg
29KB, 460x276px
*blocks the sun's path*
>>
dude push a rock forever lmao
>>
>>9466293
dude misinterpret philosophy lmao
>>
>>9466360
He's not wrong though
>>
I actually really love Camus' use of the sun in The Stranger. The way he makes it almost an antagonist is very interesting, almost unique in Western literature, where the sun so often is a blessed thing.
>>
>>9466293
Don't forget to smile
>>
I dont know shit, i read two camis novels 7 years ago and half of myth of sisyphus 8 years ago.

But he just seemed like a fucking idiot edgelord who gave outrageous primacy to the question of suicide which he argued by bluffing the drammatic affect of theoretical suicide on suicidal and alcoholic bohemians etc.

He stunnded these idiots who never wondered how one comes to notice a self or a series of actions which might intentionally lead to death etc etc etc stars and space and the source of being blah blah... but instead something like "obviously the subject exists, and can like, naturally come to this crossroads, and nvm what choice even is lol"
>>
File: IMG_3153.jpg (132KB, 1479x1052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3153.jpg
132KB, 1479x1052px
>>9466374
wtf are you even trying to say
>>
>>9466380

Obviously that metaphysics has primacy over ethics, especially such a... specific problem.
>>
>>9466374
holy fuck you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>9466411

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy..."
>>
>>9466485
He's not wrong
Deciding wether I'm not to play a game is the first choice
>>
>>9466411

Lol it gets better:

[Embarassing self-non-trial-by-fire omitted]
"... these are facts the heart can feel..."
>>
>>9466496

I mean thats fine but dont you want to know why the game exists? And are you really satisfied with suicide as its essential feature ?
>>
>>9466501
Learning why the game exist is a step towards the decision wether or not to play.

>satisfied with death as an essential feature

Yesx10
>>
>>9466496

Lets consider this though, a compelling argument: "If i ask myself how to judge that this question [of suicide] is more urgent than that, I reply that one judges by the actions it entails."

Here camis implies that suicide is the primary consideration because all action is subsequent to it (one thinks of Hamlet). But consider among other possible replies, Hamletz. "But for that dread of death..." is Hamletz pre-reason for all human activity, be they "enterprises of great pitch and moment" or mere "grunt and sweat" of labor. What of this fear and of this death? Shall i read on??? Page 2 beckons!!!!!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.