[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this pic a meme, or will it give me a good starting point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Start_with_the_greeks.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
Is this pic a meme, or will it give me a good starting point?
>>
>>9464814

What isn't a meme is reading a book.
SO, if you want to start somewhere, go read a fucking book, instead posting about reading a book on the internet.

>Is this pic a meme

Don't ever seriously use that phrase again. People will assume you're developmentally stunted.
>>
of course it will give you a good starting point, it's enough to just look at the books to understand that
>>
>>9464814
I don't like that pic at all. Fagles sucks his father's cunt and everything else is shitty editions or unnecessary. The order doesn't make sense at all.
>>
"Start with the Greeks" is like advising an elementary kid whose poor at math to start with trigonometry.
>>
>>9464845
"Start with the greeks" should never have been advised to idiots. Or idiots wanting to get read

It is still a great starting point to the next level, a level on which most people who read at least one book a year are on.
>>
>>9464859
I fucked that up, I meant it's a great starting point for the level that those at least a little read people are on and with this they can start moving to the next one.
>>
>>9464814
Mostly a meme. Just read whatever the fuck you want to. If you really want to start with the Greeks, just read a history book about that time and then read whatever classics seem interesting to you.
>>
>>9464814
I think the other flowchart that floats around is much better. Pomeroy's Brief History of Ancient Greece is a pleasurable read and incredibly read. Great place to start in conjunction with Hamilton's mythology
>>
>>9465265
incredibly informative*
>>
>>9464814
I want to be smart but I need a tutorial for everything.Gamw ton theo sou betovlaka.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
>>
File: 1493872236374.jpg (68KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
1493872236374.jpg
68KB, 1024x937px
What book talks about Heracles' 12 labours, the three headed dog and the Trojan Horse?

I read The Iliad and none of these were even mentioned. WTF.
>>
>>9464829
What translations would you recommend?
>>
>>9467090
Iliad is fanfiction of the classic myths
>>
File: 800px-Greensboro_Skyline.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Greensboro_Skyline.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>9464845
>>9464859
>>9464872
>>9464928
Please leave.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.