[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you read any good books on the principle of evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: FB_IMG_1493678047521.jpg (59KB, 629x629px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493678047521.jpg
59KB, 629x629px
Have any of you read any good books on the principle of evil and good,angelic and demonic.
I am looking for a book exploring the duality of these two,so i kindly request some reccomandations.
>>
>>9462348
>What is nearly every book on religion and morality ever.

Gonna have to be a bit more specific, bro.
>>
>>9462348
Beyond Good and Evil by Neech
>>
>>9462358
i am trying to understand the concepts thoroughly,and i dont know what book explores that indepth./lit/ noob here,my speech isnt too good,expresing myself is harder than i thought
>>
>>9462348
Read Augustine, and his De civitate dei in specific
>>
>>9462416
will peep
>>
File: cenobite_hellr20.jpg (57KB, 340x755px) Image search: [Google]
cenobite_hellr20.jpg
57KB, 340x755px
>>9462348
"There is no good, Monroe, there is no evil; there is only the flesh, and the patterns to which we submit it."
>>
Ummmm that's literally the entire canon of Western literature so...
>>
File: 220px-Demian_Erstausgabe.jpg (23KB, 220x353px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Demian_Erstausgabe.jpg
23KB, 220x353px
Demian by Herman Hesse

> . . . our god’s name is Abraxas and he is God and Satan and he contains both the luminous and the dark world. Abraxas does not take exception to any of your thoughts, any of your dreams. Never forget that.

>There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why so many people love such an unreal life. They take the images outside them for reality and never allow the world within to assert itself.

>An enlightened man had but one duty – to seek the way to himself, to reach inner certainty, to grope his way forward , no matter where it leads.

>Each man had only one genuine vocation – to find the way to himself. He might end up as poet or madman, as prophet or criminal – that was not his affair, ultimately it was of no concern. His task was to discover his own destiny – not an arbitrary one – and live it out wholly and resolutely within himself.

>Humanity, which they loved as we did – was for them something complete that must be maintained and protected. For us humanity was a distant goal toward which all men were moving, whose image no one knew, whose laws were nowhere written down.

>The only duty and destiny we acknowledge was that each of us should become so completely himself, so utterly faithful to the active seed which Nature planted within him, that in living out its growth he could be surprised by nothing known to come.

I leave you with my favorite passage from the novel:
>The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. The God's name is Abraxas.
>>
>>9462860
It literally isn't you pseudointellectual tryhard redditor
>>
hey guise i like math
>>
>>9462348
whos tha qt
>>
Demons by Dostoyevsky
book got the choices
>>
nah
>>
>>9463186
underage russian drug addled jewess

https://www.instagram.com/liljeep2000/?hl=en
>>
>>9463253
American underage or European underage?
>>
>>9463263
nonce
>>
>>9463263
russia
>>
>>9462348
This is interesting. If you dont know Bart Ehrman he was the Chair of Religious Studies at Chapel Hill, and is now Distinguished Scholar in residence. Some people here hate him because he wrote some pop-religious pieces, but he has plenty of scholarly works in historical-critical method. as well.

Anyways, he was driven out of faith by the problems of suffering, "natural-evil" as it were, and this is a discussion of his fall.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.