[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virginia Woolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: meaning.png (43KB, 543x438px) Image search: [Google]
meaning.png
43KB, 543x438px
This is an excerpt from "To the Lighthouse", Chapter 11, by Virginia Woolf.
Imagine, without knowing the setup to this scene, or having read the book, you are dropped this passage and asked all sort of questions, such as the meaning of the light, why does she says "It's enough".

How do you make sense of it without having even read the book?
>>
>>9460774
God, I love Woolf.

Also, do you own homework, faggot
>>
>>9460787
She's got beautiful prose. I wish I could write like her.
>>
>>9460787
I feel like her sentences are too long compared to how the average english writes, they go for too long and the point ends up missing, in this book I don't see the interior monologue, it seems just a vague third person perspective.

The description seems more apt to the design of poetry rather than introspection, given only this excerpt and nothing else, I can't gauge much of the who, what, where, how.
>>
>>9460793
>mfw reading the Time Passes chapters for the first time
>>
>>9460793
Am I just biased because I did not (as I had not to) read the book from start to end, I can't make sense of certain things the author I suppose is trying to convey.
>>
>>9460823
>>9460804
>>9460774
Is this an epic new meme or are you genuinely this retarded?
>>
>>9460804
>He's this much of a brainlet pleb
I'm really tired of seeing visual representation of this board going downhill every time I open a thread
>>
>>9460836
If I wanted to bait people or force memes I wouldn't go to /lit/, do you mind stating your problem?
>>
>>9460856
At least I try asking the questions instead of posting just to state my disappointment/superiority and leave no room for any debate.
>>
>>9460804
sigh
>>
>>9460774
why would you need to try and assess this passage out of its greater context?
>>
>>9462807
Some dope professors do that.
>>
>>9460793
And she wished she could write like that filthy, poor mick Joyce,
>>
>>9462859
Her prose is better than Joyce

Hits that fine line of being rythmic without looking obviously twinked out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.