[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haruki Murakami - Men Without Women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 91lk9DVlYCL._SL1500_.jpg (396KB, 986x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91lk9DVlYCL._SL1500_.jpg
396KB, 986x1500px
One week to go. Also "Killing Commodore" when?
>>
>>9460685

that's an ugly cover. WTF happened to his covers lately? they look like a passionate graphic designer took shrooms and pissed on a blender.
>>
File: 1447457029152.jpg (432KB, 1019x1558px) Image search: [Google]
1447457029152.jpg
432KB, 1019x1558px
>>9460702
god knoe. Have you seen Killing Commodore cover? Its just sword horizontaly on cover.
Pic releated when they were good
>>
>>9460685
The only good story on that collection is the one with Gregor Samsa.
>>
>>9460716
>>9460702
"Murukami Spines" was like a personal descriptor for me to describe cool or beautiful looking mass-market paperback cover designs. I was very sad to see those ugly, generic vintage glossy covers that have been published lately.
>>
>>9460908
I hate the way they feel, but they're the only editions that are available at my local bookstore so I'm buying them nonetheless. There's really nothing redeeming about them, but ultimately nothing but the contents matter.
>>
>>9460685
I've only recently started reading Murakami, although I've been interested in his work since I'd heard about it. I'll probably read everything he's published, but what are considered his best works?

So far I've read Kafka and Wind-Up Bird, and I'll read Norweigan Wood, Sheep Chase, and Dance Dance Dance when I have the time. His references and allusions, although they feel forced at times, are up my alley and I'm wondering if they're as consistent as they seem just across Kafka and Wind-Up Bird. Really makes me want to explore everything he's written.
>>
isn't there a Hemingway short story collection with the same title? at what point does homage become meaningless pandering for attention
>>
>>9460685
Are Kafka by the Sea and 1Q84 worth a read?

(i kind of want to learn japanese, but it's probably gonna take me 5+ years to get to a level where I can read his (or any japanese) books)
>>
File: murakami.png (49KB, 1548x200px) Image search: [Google]
murakami.png
49KB, 1548x200px
>>
>>9461490
>Are Kafka by the Sea and 1Q84 worth a read?
Kafka yes
1Q84 no

I would recommend Wind Up Bird Chronicle though. That's my favorite of his.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.