[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into literature. Where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1687.png (58KB, 1229x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1687.png
58KB, 1229x1160px
I want to get into literature. Where do I start?
>>
File: 1493101420900.jpg (120KB, 821x797px) Image search: [Google]
1493101420900.jpg
120KB, 821x797px
>>9460227
Lol dumbass
>>
>>9460227
Start with something easy. I'd recommend Ulysses by James Joyce. It will get you started on basic casual reading before you go on to some more challenging stuff.
>>
>>9460227
Start with the Irish
>>
>>9460286
This. Gödel Escher Bach, though not a work of fiction and rather philosophical, might also be a good place to start.
>>
File: koschka.png (829KB, 660x620px) Image search: [Google]
koschka.png
829KB, 660x620px
>>9460286
>>
>>9460227
Assuming you already have a decent vocabulary, you can start from the beginning of the western canon http://sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
>>
Just start with what interests you. That's how I started with literature and now I'm reading through the best well known classics just to know what the hype is about. I'm quite stunned that most books have been superd so far - it doesn't fit my view where mainstream media are generally shit or mediocre at best.

Say, /lit/izens: Where the folks more literate back in the days or am I blinded by the oversupply of contemporary books these days?
>>
>>9460227
The first page, usually.
>>
>>9460227
Every fucking day with this thread, if you want to start reading just pick up a book,any book, and start reading. If you don't have motivation and get bored then force it until it becomes habit. Now fuck off
>>
Start with the Greeks
Resume with the Russians
>>
>>9460580
They were less literate.
Less people knew how to read and write. It was sort of a privilege.
But a select few allows for a non-profit driven work method.
And the older thrash has been dispised off,so you will never see it unless you look for it.
>>
>>9460227
WITH
>>
>>9460227
with europian tales. i am serious
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.