[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he takes book recommendations from /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 5677474.png (370KB, 525x370px) Image search: [Google]
5677474.png
370KB, 525x370px
>he takes book recommendations from /lit/
>>
every single book that lit is in love with, has been complete fucking garbage when I've read them.

I basically think lit pretends to be in love with these nonsensical "masterpieces" because they think it makes them look smart when they pretend to understand and like them.
>>
>>9459290
if someone recommends a book here and nobody has anything to say about it it's usually good.
>>
>>9459294
>>9459290
Because we're undergoing another global financial crisis; the fourth turning.

People are working harder than ever with little profit, nobody has time to read books anymore. The few books that people do read in their lifetime are, as you said, "nonsensical" trash, and the 300 people that do end up reading it AND reviewing it all give it great reviews.
You know how 5/10 is considered trash in Cinema? In books it's like 4/5 because so few people read them, discuss them, and reflect on it in general.

100 years from now, movies will be the same, because normalfags like to buy trash and eat up whatever shit you throw at them. They prefer simplicity over mental stimulation.
>>
>>9459487
>People are working harder than ever with little profit
But I don't want to work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week for £7.20
>>
>>9459487
David, they have Internet in the afterlife?
>>
The Boys in the Boat. Good true story. Enjoyable. Easy. About working class boys from US making it to the 1938 Berlin Olympics.
>>
>>9459290
at the very least, /lit/ is a good stepping stone from complete pleb tier into some semblance of light.
>>
>>9459531
Not anon, but in defense of his post I think that modern workers have their own plights that workers of the past didn't have. For instance the level of personal debts are astronomical compared to the past (I mean banks as we know them didn't exist back then). In addition people, for the most part, feel removed from their labour. People got to see their work being applied to something, even if it was mundane like a toy or a car, but those jobs are being replaced by robots or sweatshop labourers. The jobs that exist now are just service jobs or working at a desk manipulating numbers to get more money, money one will never see because it doesn't really exist.

Yeah people aren't dying at the same rate due to bad work conditions, but it certainly isn't a workers utopia.

Tl;dr work now is bad in different ways than in the past.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.