[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Borges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: images-6.jpg (29KB, 466x316px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
29KB, 466x316px
What are the must read borges's stories?
In your opinion. Don't just post some fucking chart
>>
Book of Sand, Library of Babel, The Immortal, Tlön I can't be arsed to look the title up
>>
>>9458870
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius
So yeah, that one, and:
The Garden of Forking Paths
The Book of Sand
The Library of Babel
The Circular Ruins
The Aleph
Shakespeare's Memory
>>
Funes the Memorious
The Aleph
The Lottery of Babylon
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius

Interesting to note that Borges personally considered 'The End' to be his best story.
>>
File: borges2.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
borges2.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
Library of Babel and The Lottery of Babylon are my favorite.

I don't really get why The Garden of Forking Paths is held in such high esteem. I've read it twice but the "twist" or whatever just doesn't do it for me.
>>
german fag here, i'm not really into latin american literature, but i'm a huge Borges fan
Library of Babel is my fav
The end is great, The Aleph...
just read everything man
>>
my favs

Pierre Menard, Author of the Quixote
Three Versions of Judas
>>
>>9459045
Well, it's a pretty good story, but lacks execution
>>
>>9458858
The Circular Ruins

The Secret Miracle is also really great, it feels vivid.
>>
The Immortal is the best
>>
>>9459160
t. English speaker
>>
>>9459116
>Three Versions of Judas
this is really good
>>
Just read all of them you lazy faggot.
You could probably do it in a day.
>>
>>9459240
>reading all day

get a life u fukin nerd
>>
>>9459286
What is the weekend?
>>
>>9458858
All from Ficciones
El Inmortal, El aleph
>>
>>9458870
Circular Ruins is far and away my favourite.
The Aleph
The Book of Sand
The Garden of Forking Paths
The Immortal

Honestly Anon just get the Penguins Collected Fictions (it has all his short stories bound together chonrologically) and just read it cover to cover. I did a year ago and it was one of the best literary experiences I've ever had. Borges is an absolute master. To quote Nabokov:
>How freely one breathes in his marvelous labyrinths! Lucidity of thought, purity of poetry. A man of infinite talent.
>>
>>9458858
What did roasties mean by this?
>>
>>9459300
Time to get drunk and get life experience
>>
>>9458858
>I wish I was home, reading my braille and drinking mate
>this suit is too tight
>I bet these putas dont even read Arlt.
>>
get labyrinths.
the english translation of ficciones (his complete works) is garbage in comparison. all by one guy, vs labyrinths, which has at least 3 translators. much better read.

stories: pierre menard, library of babel, tlön, tertious, uqbar, garden of forking paths
>>
Three Versions of Judas and Approach to Al-Mu'tasim are my favourites, but I have only read Ficciones.
>>
>>9460153
>which has at least 3 translators. much better read.
lol
are you alright anon
>>
>>9460179
its just a better translation. i compared them for a few stories and the difference is huge. the labyrinths translation is far more eloquent and precise. it makes a big difference. and i meant that the collection has stories translated by different translators, its not all one person
>>
>>9460262
>and i meant that the collection has stories translated by different translators, its not all one person
Ya thanks. But the way you present it, it sounds like hey, the more translators the better! It's real strange.
>>
File: 1488847445537.jpg (28KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1488847445537.jpg
28KB, 619x453px
>>9459221
>>
>>9459362
this
>>
>>9460114
Draw it
>>
I honestly had trouble with Ficcones. I'm a bit of a brainlet however.
>>
>>9459376
>life experience
So, reading?
>>
The Other is unironically my favorite Borges story. Maybe it's because it was my first, but I just can't help but like it.
>>
>>9459101
Agreed, the ending was not very satisfying.
>>
File: boredges.png (205KB, 466x316px) Image search: [Google]
boredges.png
205KB, 466x316px
>>9460764
how did you know I was a drawfag
>>
>>9460954
kekerino
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.