[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we talk about 1984, my favorite book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1984.jpg (155KB, 400x654px) Image search: [Google]
1984.jpg
155KB, 400x654px
can we talk about 1984, my favorite book?
>>
please guys, I like this book and I want to talk about it
>>
I am just getting into books and this is on my list.

The Alchemist too. A tale of two cities and the Grapes of Wrath.

I'm like 36 with hardly any education, so books are great.

Should I read this first?
>>
>>9458289
1984 is probably the book you'll get the most practical value out of compared to the others you named. I say that because it is part of the popular consciousness still and is frequently talked about.
>>
>>9458295

I heard Fahrenheit 451 is along similar lines? Sorry I don't want to hijack your thread.
>>
>>9458256
>>9458272
Why do you like this book so damn much?
>>
>>9458303
fahrenheit is almost more relevant to today, regarding mass media, advertising, pill popping moms etc etc.
I sometimes think we actually live in this world today.
Great book.
>>
>>9458305
it's interesting and it has a lot of insight about people and it's full of cool fucked up shit like torture and brainwashing and intentionally destroying the english language so everyone has to communicate like neanderthals
>>
>>9458306

thanks bro, yeah my ex wife is a pill popping retard. She voted for Hillary 'because she is a female' lel

I am def going to read this book next, thank you again
>>
>>9458309
>intentionally destroying the english language so everyone has to communicate like neanderthals
This is my favorite part of 1984 that is conveniently forgotten when college liberals quote it as their favorite antifa book. The concept of doublespeak and removal of all negative words is incredibly real and scary. It would be doubleplusungood for such a thing to ever make any sort of foothold in a "free" nation.
>>
>>9458315
No problem.
There is also an awesome audio book performed by Ray Bradbury himself out there.
>>
Currently reading it for a second time. I don't think Oceania would actually be sustainable. Apparently random rockets come in and kill people. Theres no real way to predict who gets killed. Its takes at least 16 years to get a human work ready and your born into the inner and outer party, which are a small part of the population. And with people constantly fucking up and getting vaporized you could never replace them fast enough. Certain behaviors are tolerated like buying razors off the free market and calling a women Mrs but writing ANYTHING in a journal is a death sentence and you might get vaporized for having a certain character like how the guy working on the newspeak dictionary was way too enthusiastic about his job and was going to get vaporized sooner or later even though he was useful for the party. The buildings are falling apart but the telescreens are always on and working? What if a rocket attack hits an electric line? Or how the outer party adults are huge cowards, like Wilson is terrified of children because they are the perfect party members and the party gives them lots to do but how are those kids going to react when they find out the will be doing paper work after a certain age forever? Is the party really going to vaporize them at the first instance of teenage rebellion?

I also hate how when Wilson is in the cell with a bunch of proles he sees them constantly swear at the telescreen and harass the guards and he knows he has nothing left to lose at that point but he still acts like a huge coward.
>>
>>9458256
Don't get me wrong, I loved reading 1984 and Animal Farm. They greatly point out the hypocrisies and flaws of authoritarian societies. But these books are too openly and blatantly anti-Marxist propaganda for me to consider these books as great literature.
>>
Well, Orwell was wrong in many ways. He didn't predict the WWW, social media etc. Most people today are more afraid of criminals or terrorists than of the state.
The one thing he did get right was the cultural marxist use of language and trigger words to control the masses. All these buzzwords islamophobia, transphobia the left scum and SJW use to control the narrative is like the new speak dictionary. Kudus to Orwell for that.
>>
>>9459073
Brave new world is a lot more "realistic" than 1984. I just recently finished it and its scary how it relates to todays society
>>
>>9459073
Surveilance, tinkering of mass media information, proxy wars. He wasnt exactly prescient, but a lot of it really makes u think.
>>
File: give it a shot.jpg (21KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
give it a shot.jpg
21KB, 480x456px
>>9458256
>my favorite book?
>not the OG Demons from big D
Kill yourself.
>>
Is this entire thread b8
>>
>>9459636
OH WOW REALLY HOW INSIGHTFUL
>>
>>9459636
U are a retard, we are living in an Orwellian nightmare, the left controls the media and it's little minions are the thought police, big brother is watching
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.