[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post-purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: american_beauty.jpg.cf.jpg (28KB, 400x592px) Image search: [Google]
american_beauty.jpg.cf.jpg
28KB, 400x592px
Future literature experts will refer to 1991-2050 as the post cold war era, with trends such as nihilism being rampant. Pick related and rick and morty will be used to summarize our generation. How does that make you feel, fags?

Also, Bob Dylan will be the greatest author of the 21st century.
>>
>>9453596
>its another "contemporary literature is dead" thread by someone who doesnt read contemporary literature
>>
I plan on being known as a writer who fucked off and did his own thing, which in its own way was brilliant but which wasn't really connected to the trends of the era, at least beyond the simple osmosis that comes from being immersed in said era.
>>
lol if you think the end of the cold war was somehow significant compared to all the events from 1991-2050, you got another thing coming, buddy.
>>
>>9453596
>its another internet dilettante thread
>>
>>9453596
>nihilism
New Insincerity / Post-Irony isn't nihilistic you tard
>>
>>9453596
>rick and morty will be used to summarize our generation.
I'm okay with this.

Rick and Morty representing our generation is better than having I love Lucy represent us.
>>
File: 1477922397328.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
1477922397328.png
325KB, 480x716px
4chan will be used to summarize our generation.
>>9453641
Imposible nowadays.
>>
>>9453596
>>our generation
>>post says more about OP than our generation
>>
>>9453596
>post cold war era

the cold war never ended fampai
>>
>>9453596
Dude, have you even listened to Dylan's stuff apart from Blonde on Blonde? I wouldn't blame you because apparently, neither did the Swedish academy.

He has written many more sappy love tunes (good ones though) than he did picaresque, surreal pieces like Visions of Johanna. I think we have yet to see a writer worthy of labeling the greatest of this century. Dylan will be timeless, sure, but because he carved out a stylistic niche with a combination of his voice and eccentric personality.

Tbh, i think the next literary paradigm will be a return to modernism. People will grow tired eventually of post-modernism's self-aggrandizing and irony for irony's sake, and the writing of Generation Z will do for the Internet what the pre-war writers like Hemingway and Kafka did for modernity: coming to terms with systems and networks they were fundamentally incompatible with. Just substitute industry for the Internet, and wait for some young, self-conscious literati to summon the courage to write about Trump, the alt-right, and SJWs with a smattering of actual sympathy.
>>
>>9453641
Good for you, I don't see how someone can actually write about our era without being a cancerous faggot.
>>
>>9454230
I don't think that's true. Every era has something about it worth writing about. Even if you set out to be totally opposed to this era, that opposition should be enough for a story or two.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.