[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-modern analysis of hip hop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: jenny.jpg (602KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jenny.jpg
602KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8O2x3HAg8

I want an old white critical theorist's perspective about what moves a black man. I want to hear them deconstruct the meaning of breakdancing, popping, locking.

Does such a thing exist, /lit/? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>9453346
>le has to talk about race in every thread man

Can you take this to the redpill boards
>>
>>9453353
Jenny Lewis can redpill me if you know what I mean.
>>
>>9453353
I hardly ever post here. If you're not going to contribute, kindly do not discourage others from doing so.

I am genuinely interested in any published analysis of "the robot" and other puppet style moves. Or anything else that could be related to hip hop.
>>
>>9453346
i dunno op but a bunch of unis literally have a hip hop studies major so you could probably just look up the reading list from one of those programs
>>
>>9453346
>what moves a black man
are they all the same? that's your leading assumption, sugar..
>>
Evola wrote one or two articles about this, it was before hiphop but the nature of the negro is kinda the same, maybe a little more feminized.
>>
>>9453346
if you can find it, check out the Mondo 2000 User's Guide to the New Edge. it was written before the web became a thing, so it's hopelessly outdated, but the authors seriously believed that hip-hop was going to be to the 21st century what rock and roll was to the 20th.
>>
>>9454860
>written before the web became a thing
What the fuck? Mondo was a hacker/cyberpunk zine, the internet was a thing for them 20 years before that.
>>
>>9453393
yeah, nice 'universities'
>>
>>9453346
Not postmodern but close enough.
>>
>>9454901
you trust the fag who wrote "wardine be cry" to have any insights into rap? dfw is such a god damn ψευδ
>>
>>9453346

Dude....just listen to NPR music reviews. This is pretty solely and exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>9453346
Jenny Lewis is my waifu. Rilo Kiley is /lit/
>>
>>9454923
is right
>>9454901
it's not a good hip-hop book. very amateur. you can tell david was kinda forced into it by costello who probably just really wanted to be associated with someone famous/be published for something "cool" that they didn't raelly undersand
>>
slick rick is /lit/
>>
>>9453346
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.