[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DFW Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1493437700781.jpg (83KB, 460x538px) Image search: [Google]
1493437700781.jpg
83KB, 460x538px
Which of his fictional works do you think came closest to what he wanted to do with fiction?
>>
Pale King. But Dave wasn't capable of doing what he wanted to do with it. This is not a comment on his talent.
>>
>>9453270
I believe he was onto something with Another Pioneer.
>>
>>9453287
Whaddaya mean? Like, he was too depressed to live and therefore too depressed to do what he wanted with it?
>>
>>9453270
WESTWARD THE COURSE OF EMPIRE TAKES ITS WAY
>>
>>9453322
What he wanted to do was not humanly possible - i fact not possible for any possible conscious being.
>>
>>9453342
Please expand on that thought a little more. What was he trying to do, in your opinion?
>>
>>9453287
>>9453342
You're absolutely right.
>>
>>9453322
I'm not going as far as that other anon. All I'm saying that Dave would not let himself become the person who could have written the book to fulfill his goals. He had the talent but not the mien. He was pedantic, overridden, and altogether too embalmed. His ambition was an antipode to his person.

And for whatever reason this reminds me of what Gass said about Shakes and Jonson.
>Shakespeare may have been smarter, but Jonson knew more.

We are looking for a modern Jonson mates.
>>
>>9453398
>modern Jonson
You've got the good doctor Bloom
>>
>>9453270
Good Old Neon
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.