[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy Class Final Exam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: aristotle.jpg (51KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.jpg
51KB, 400x465px
Hi

Is it possible for you to help me with my introductory philosophy class final exam? If it isn't please just give me a warning or something and don't ban me (it didn't mention anything in the sticky)

Here's a list of study questions:
>>
>>9453175
Section One - Short Answer Questions
1. Define "foundationalism"
2. Socrates
-- a. What did Socrates claim to know
-- b. What did Socrates (according to Plato in the Apology 38) assert about life lived without reflection, examination?
-- c. What is the "Socratic problem"?
3. A Syllogism in the correct form can yield conclusions which are___
--- a)probably true; b) valid if each premise is true); c) logically implied; d) supported inductively
4. Validity concerns____
--- a) inductive probability; b) the form of the argument; c) the truth of the conclusion; d) the supporting evidence
5. Plato
--- a. Be able to list the six characteristics of his "forms"
--- b. What did PLato mean by the world of "Being" and the world of "Becoming"?
--- c. Be able to define the "world of being" and the "world of becoming"
--- d. According to PLato where do objects and shadows reside?
--- e. What is the function of the Allegory of the Cave in Plato's argument for "forms"? Be able to explain the allegory
6. Aristotle
--- f. Aristotle addressed the issue of "forms in terms of four causes, be able to define and explain these four causes
--- g. In terms of Aristotle's epistemology he made two major assertions, be able to explain the following assertions concerning the mind of soul
--- --- --- [1] One assertion concerned the initial state of the human mind, what was it?
--- --- --- [2] The other assertion was his explanation of how the mind came to known things about the world outside the mind, what was that explanation?
--- h. In terms of Aristotle's value theory
--- --- --- [1] He asserted that the chief end of human life was ___________
--- --- --- [2] In this context Aristotle gave an explanation of the uniqueness of "human" happiness and thus the uniqueness of human beings. What was his explanation?
--- i. In terms of the political characteristics of humans, Aristotle made what assertion?
>>
>>9453179
7. Unlike Aristotle's view of God, Aquinas viewed God not only as being "the first cause" but added a significant attribute, what was that additional attribute? (God is ______)
8. For St. Thomas Aquinas what were his two main concerns of his philosophy?
9. How did St. Thomas relate or reconcile Faith and Reason?
10. Define the term "materialism" in philosophy
11. Translate correctly Descartes' "Cogito ergo sum"
12. What assumption about "self" does "Cogito ergo sum" make?
13. According to Descartes, in his system of epistemology, God performs what two important functions?
14. Set out Descartes' definition of the following: mind and matter
15. According to Locke's view of knowledge, "ideas" generated inside the mind were divided into two types of ideas, or two categories of ideas. What were they?
16. Explain how Locke defined primary and secondary qualities
17. Translate Locke's "Tabula Rasa"
18. Explain "Epistemological Dualism"
19. Explain Locke's "social contract" (remember the contract contains two essential ideas), and what limits did Locke place upon any government established by this contract?
20. What two "problems" were left for the "Empiricists" after Hume came to his major philosophical conclusion that all knowledge was perception?

-------------------------------------------

Thanks
>>
Do your own homework, faggot.
>>
>>9453189
/thread
>>
You really need help? Are you that fucking dumb you can't do shit by yourself? Fuck off loser.
>>
>>9453175
Alright, here's what I suggest you do:
1. Define "foundationalism"
2. Kill yourself
Easiest way to avoid a failing grade. Barring that, invest some time into learning how to use Google.
>>
You can get these answers on wikipedia, but if you honestly don't already know what "cogito ergo sum" means than you're never gonna make it
>>
>>9453179
1. the epistemological theory of justification contending that the justification of all knowledge rests on basic, non-inferential (i.e. "foundational") knowledge.
2. a nothing
b that its not worth living
c trynna figure out who tf socrates was irl n what he believed
3. b
4. b
5. eternal, immaterial, ideal, infinite, 'the true', unchanging (pick 6 who cares)
6. forms = world of being; what is true and unchanging. world of becoming = world of the senses; unchanging; untrue; cant step in the same river twice bullshit
c. u cant answer the 1st w.o. already knowing this
d. the latter world, the world of becoming , the bottom half of the line
e. fuck the cave google it

im bored go study anon
>>
>>9453409
lmao 6 = b

#lit
>>
>>9453175
Really? Only dead white men? you didn't cover any women or poc philosophers!?!?!
>>
>>9453362
I actually agree with this. How the fuck this is a final exam? looks so easy
>>
>>9453175
The only wisdom I have is knowing that I know nothing. You and I know nothing m8, goodluck
>>
>>9453179
1. Bullshit unless God.
2. a. Nothing
b. not worth living
c. How can we distinguish between Plato's and Socrates' beliefs.
3 B
4 B
5. a. Immaterial. Perfect. Unchanging. Ideal. Eternal. incorporeal
b. Being = Forms , becoming = sensible world
c. fuck you same question.
d. World of Becoming
e. Shadows represent sensible realm. Actual objects projecting shadows are the Forms.

6. ARISTOTEL IS GAY

7. The unmoved mover.
8. God and natural law
9. He didn't.
10. The notion that all there is is material.
11. I think therefore I am
12. The self exists
13. Dunno
14. Mind - incorporeal. Matter. corporeal
15. LOCKE IS GAY
16. LOCKE IS GAY
17. Every brain is born as a blank slate.
18. The mind and the senses understanding knowledge differently.
19. That government arises out of a state of nature when humans voluntarily form contractual relationship, in which life, liberty and property are preserved and safe guarded.
20. How can you trust chemicals in your brain? Also, the senses ARE SUBJECTIVE MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Fuck you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.