[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what has Belgium ever contributed to world literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png (6KB, 1200x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png
6KB, 1200x1040px
what has Belgium ever contributed to world literature?
>>
Are they even a real country?
>>
>>9453133
They provided the setting for Heart of Darkness
>>
>>9453133
King Leopold's Ghost?

Couldn't have been written without the non-country that is Belgium
>>
>>9453133

Important locales in the actual fighting of both world wars, which consequently widely informed world literature, you idiot.
>>
Poirot, for one, always proudly insisted upon his Belgitude..
>>
>>9453133

Not enough people read Maeterlinck
>>
File: WillemElsschot1920.jpg (16KB, 249x330px) Image search: [Google]
WillemElsschot1920.jpg
16KB, 249x330px
>>9453133
>>
File: belgium.png (232KB, 841x497px) Image search: [Google]
belgium.png
232KB, 841x497px
>>9453137
Woke post
>>9453166
Slept post

It's literally impossible for (((Belgium))) to have contributed anything to world literature, other than a lesson in the efficacy of hoaxes.
>>
Belgium is a meme country made up in the 19th century.

They chose the name because Caesar said the Belgae were the toughest of all the Gauls.
>>
>>9453223
(You) know, after a few of his plays I picked up his wonderful book on honeybees and became interested in bees as a result. It's fantastic, and the two pop-sci books i've read since then (about bees in general) do what they can to rip him off, one to the point of plagiarism. Read his books on ants and termites as well. Great stuff. A fine writer in general.
>>
Cortazar
>>
File: herge.jpg (196KB, 1024x1337px) Image search: [Google]
herge.jpg
196KB, 1024x1337px
>>9453133
Not necessarily literature, but a staple of many childhoods
>>
File: stirner12.jpg (33KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
stirner12.jpg
33KB, 480x400px
>>9453264
Nations and countries are spooks. None of them have ever contributed any literature to the world.
>>
>>9453264

Belgium is quite real. It's Delaware which is the legal fiction, you stupid idiot.
>>
>>9453264
>misusing that magritte quote
Entire thing disregarded
>>
File: 7xr1zyi.png (565KB, 1134x708px) Image search: [Google]
7xr1zyi.png
565KB, 1134x708px
Non-country.
>>
>>9453370
This is true. Governments on the other hand...
>>
me
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.