[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom vaporware?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: ChickaChickaBoomBoom.jpg (151KB, 1011x1227px) Image search: [Google]
ChickaChickaBoomBoom.jpg
151KB, 1011x1227px
'm not sure musically what is supposed to typify vaporwave but I know the art associated with it typically has this gauzy bright electro look with frequent use of orange, pink, and green.

My mom purchased this book for my nephew and I said I liked it for the bright colors, not for learning the alphabet. Is it possible that these bright euphoric colors are associated with the booming capitalism of the 1980s that much of /pol/ is nostalgic for and this this book is capitalistic/redpilled?
>>
>>9451526
I'm*
>>
File: 1489680697026.jpg (66KB, 576x762px) Image search: [Google]
1489680697026.jpg
66KB, 576x762px
Jesus Christ
I need to take a break from this board
>>
>>9451526
Yes. Also god-tier children's lit.
>>
>>9451526
I've never read it but the thing about Children's books is that they represent cutting edge currents in art at the time. I realized this when I was with some friends thinking: "what if a bunch of hippies did lsd and mushrooms and made children's books". The thing was people like Dr. Seuss were already making books whose illustrations were ascetically pleasing to the adults and therefore the kids of that generation. What I mean is that countercultural art that was integral to that time period where being a hippie (or being countercultural in other forms) was where the most creative stuff was going on. If you look at the best children's books of any era they're going to be the best and most cutting edge art-wise of whatever was going on in that time period because the best sells and/or makes an impression.

So it would make sense that you could say that it represents the 80s so well. It also does look consumer art inspired so I'll give you that as well--yes it's possible.
>>
>>9451526
bump
>>
>>9451526
It's an illustrated children's book

It's not vaporware
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.