[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the dialogue so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Afarewelltoarms.jpg (45KB, 328x499px) Image search: [Google]
Afarewelltoarms.jpg
45KB, 328x499px
Why is the dialogue so bad?
>>
File: 674221.jpg (38KB, 318x472px) Image search: [Google]
674221.jpg
38KB, 318x472px
>>9450362
I dropped this book multiple times just to pick it up again weeks later because of how horrible the dialogue is.
>>
>>9450362
"Do you love me?" she said.
"I love you."
"Do you love me truly?"
"I love."
"I love to love."
"I love to love you."
"And do you really love to love me?"
He paused. The streets were oiled and the trees were dusty. His head swam.
"I do, I love."
"Love me, love."
"Love love love; love."

They did not have sex and she was pregnant in the morning.
>>
They have a hard time expressing themselves because they are alienated, my guy.
>>
>>9450736
Hemmingway wrote literally the same female character in every one of his books until Across the River and Into the Trees.

The ending of Farewell To Arms teared me up a little. Hemmingway is at his strongest when he's not trying or when he's really hamming it up at the end.
>>
>>9450362
>>9450736
It's why Tao Lin's dialogue is so "bad," too. The characters are decidedly incapable of poetry, they are full of emotion but incapable of sincerity for whatever reason.
>>
>>9450747
I've only read Siesta, Garden of Eden and Old Man and the Sea so I can't comment.
>>
>>9450748
>The characters are decidedly incapable of poetry, they are full of emotion but incapable of sincerity for whatever reason.
Maybe Hemingway wanted his characters to be incpable of expresisng themselves to others. Eventhough we got a clear insight into some their minds through their thoughts and through their actions their emotions were never translated between one another.
>>
>>9450767
That's what I'm saying, my guy.
>>
File: 157624765246.gif (2MB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
157624765246.gif
2MB, 250x280px
>>9450791
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.