[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books to Read Before Dying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (136KB, 581x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 581x1024px
Hey /lit/, won't try to attention whore, so let's just say I have 1-1.5 years left to live best case scenario. What books should people read before they die?

I've already read pretty much all of Dostoevsky, Goncharov and Gogol. What are some MUST read books before passing over? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>9450217
As I Lay Dying
The Picture of Dorian Gray
For Whom the Bell Tolls
>>
>>9450217
Buy a cheap Bible and read Job, it's pretty /lit/
>>
Tolstoy - all of his stuff.

>select all vehicles.
>Never works the first time.

EVERY FUCKING TIME I GET THAT CAPTCHA.
>>
Stoner
>>
...Everything you do is {before dying}.
>>
>>9450233
>not using legacy
turbopleb
>>
The Death of Ivan Illyich
Book of Job/Ecclesiastes/Proverbes
Hamlet
Finnegans Wake
Paradise Lost
The Corpus Hermeticum/Kyballion

good luck with whatever condition you're suffering from, I'm rooting for ya anon.
>>
>>9450233
that's just google getting that you're a human, then using you to classify some additional pictures

>working for free
>>
Sorry for your lack of time anon.

My recommendations:

I would read Hell from the Divine Comedy, the rest of the book is meh.

Anything by Pynchon, I like his absurd and surrealism. I read TCoL 49 and GR which are highly recommendable.

Anything from the russians. The collected stories from Pushkin is my next purchase, I think you might like that.

If you haven't read Kafka, get that shit going. Start with the metamorphosis, I will be starting The Trial soon which is also another excellent starting point. Anything from Kafka is a must read, even his diary. Desu

If you like sci fi, you could try PKD. A scanner darkly and the man in the high castle blew my mind when I read them, Ubik as an honorable mention.

You could try the Japanese as well, Yukio Mishima's the sailor who fell from grace, Dazai's No longer human or anything by Soseki actually. There is a book of 100 Japanese Poems which is very good as well.

Latin America is one weird place, you can try Pessoa, Bolaño, Cortazar, Borges, García Marquez, Galeano, Benedetti, Quiroga, Isabel Allende, Alejo Carpentier, etc. Cortazar's hopscotch is a good starting point.
>>
>>9451562
I second Kafka, Borges and add Gogol to that. Start with the Overcoat or the nose.
Also Robert Walser if you wanna feel good.
>>
read siddharta if you are feeling down
>>
>>9450217
read Rilke
good luck anon
>>
Socrates' apology desu.
>>
My Twisted World
>>
>>9450225
>>9450230
>>9450233
>>9450476
>>9450509
>>9451562
>>9451673
>>9451683
>>9451801
>>9451847
>>9451850
Ignore all these fucking faggots. Start Proust's In Search Of Lost Time. You can read the rest after you've finished it if you still got time
>>
>>9450217
You've got me concerned for you OP.

Tibetian Book of the Dead
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.