[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else watch productions of plays on YouTube while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 24LONGDAY2-master675-v2.jpg (88KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
24LONGDAY2-master675-v2.jpg
88KB, 675x450px
Does anyone else watch productions of plays on YouTube while having the play with you?

Is this considered "reading" it?
>>
>>9445149
Read the play, then watch the production.

You cannot do both at once.
>>
>>9445331
This. And why do people read plays. As a fan of reading, I perosnally prefer watching a play. It's the way it was supposed to consumed.
>>
>>9445345
>And why do people read plays

To appreciate the language and style, like anything else.

>supposed

Plays were written before they were performed.
>>
>>9445352

films are written before they are screened, but nobody reads screenplays outside of scholars and people who want to become screenwriters themselves
>>
>>9445416
That is because screenplays do not have the literary merit of stage plays. And many of the screenplay directions are created properly post-production.
>>
>>9445445
>That is because screenplays do not have the literary merit of stage plays
And why is that, Anon? Because one is performed on a stage and the other is filmed and edited? Does that inherently mean that literary merit is in stage plays, but never screenplays?
>>
>>9445345
>And why do people read plays
Because people don't want to depend only on the local theaters and directors. There are countless great plays that you will never see live. So what do you do? Never experience them? I say no and go read and enjoy a drama. Besides, many dramas absolutely can work as texts. Just recently I've read Waiting for Godot and there was this this piece of dialogue:
VLADIMIR: Use your brain!
[ESTRAGON uses his brain]
How do you recreate this on stage? And that's just one of the many examples, writers know that their texts will be read as books as well.
/lit/ is pointlessly obsessed with getting the "real thing". You must not read translations, you must start with the Greeks to fully understand Ulysses and you must not read dramas, which is ridiculous.
>>
>>9446610
didn't shakespeare forget to collate his plays because he intended them to be seen on stage? i mean, i'd much prefer to read chekov or schiller than watch them, but there is obviously a case to be made for watching plays.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.