[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing happens: the book.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Suttree.jpg (18KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
Suttree.jpg
18KB, 260x400px
Nothing happens: the book.
>>
>>9442105
Roger Ebert read it 7 or 8 times. Plenty happens, you just went in expecting or wanting a book that it wasn't. Your fault, not the book's.
>>
t. internet addict with ADD
>>
>>9442126

Why is Roger Ebert so important to Americans? He was a film critic for fuck sake. Who cares
>>
>>9442171
>Why is Roger Ebert so important to Americans
No one said that. I pointed it out because he was wall read and intelligent, just kind of a trivia fact, not trying to make a specific point with it.
>>
>>9442105

Are you asian or british? Those are the only two peoples on the planet whose complete lack of soul would justify this opinion
>>
babby's first picaresque
>>
>>9442105
> OP finally finished reading the book
> OP just realised he can't read

The only reason you would say that about this book T B H, F A M.
>>
>>9442105
>OP
Nothing happens: the life.
>>
>>9442126
Ebert wasn't even a halfway decent film critic, why would I listen to his opinion on a book?
>>
>>9442261
>widely considered one of the best film critics of our times by numerous publications
>some faggot on 4chan says he isn't
well I guess he sucks
>>
>>9442244
I snickered
>>
its my favourite McCarthy book.

An existentialist classic.
>>
>>9442295

Why do you put the word 'classic' next to the word 'garbage'?
>>
>>9442105
A man fucks an entire pasture of watermelons
A man blows up subterranean Knoxville with dynomite
A man kills bats with a poison flinging trebuchet to cash in on bat bounties
A man goes mussel fishing and witnesses a woman be crushed by falling shale
A man gets neigh married
A man contracts typhus

Did you read the whole thing Anon? Each chapter is almost a short story in itself, with a micro-plot/resolution. It's my favourite McCarthy.
>>
>>9442270
>publications

That's where you went wrong my dude
>>
>>9442543
Harrogate is the fucking greatest character McCarthy's even written. Best McCarthy book without any shade of doubt.
>>
>>9442270
>one of the best film critics of our times by numerous publications

What's next? The best McDonald employee of our times?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.